HybridZ

Two days in Tokyo! what to do?

Globerunner513

^^ haha i mean not to. Plenty of sleep can be had on the flight lol.

And as for being alone, Im going with my dad...who is the only reason im able to go in the first place (airline pilot w/ Air Canada...and im just staying with him on a 48 hr layover)

As for a car...well i don't have anything, but is there anything reasonably priced as far as rentals or whatever? or anyone wanna let me borrow their car? haha jk.

Thanks for the ideas guys! as far as the night life goes, anyone know of any underground meets that go on? for lack of a better illustration, the scene from Tokyo Drift (ofcourse on a smaller scale, and prob without the skimpy girls haha)

^^ haha i mean not to. Plenty of sleep can be had on the flight lol.

And as for being alone, Im going with my dad...who is the only reason im able to go in the first place (airline pilot w/ Air Canada...and im just staying with him on a 48 hr layover)

As for a car...well i don't have anything, but is there anything reasonably priced as far as rentals or whatever? or anyone wanna let me borrow their car? haha jk.

Thanks for the ideas guys! as far as the night life goes, anyone know of any underground meets that go on? for lack of a better illustration, the scene from Tokyo Drift (ofcourse on a smaller scale, and prob without the skimpy girls haha)

So that means you will be at Narita which is up in Chiba. You will have to take a long train ride down to Tokyo. There is nothing in Chiba.

Go down to Roppongi and don't act like a drunken American, that will help your appeal to some of the local girls. You can walk from there to Tokyo Tower, you'll go right by the Russian embassy!

Go down to Akihabara, Harajuku and maybe even to Nissan HQ in Ginza. Go at night so you can see the place lit up, it's something else.

Getting to an Autobacs may be harder, I don't know of one in downtown Tokyo proper, there's a huge one in Chiba on the way to Narita though, there's also an old school auto sales place off the expressway too on the way to Narita but I don't know the name of it. If you were really hardcore you could try to figure out how to get to Top Secret of RE Amemiya's shops in Chiba. (JUN may be in Chiba too, I can't remember) Check the D1GP schedule or the Nostalgic Heros car show schedule to see if you're there when something is going on. A trip to Kyoto, Nagano, Nagoya or even Osaka on the Shinkansen is possible for a day long event.

• 2 weeks later...

well i'm getting a pretty good list together. We're going to be getting in on a saturday night and leaving monday night. There is also a chance that we might be staying at the hotel by the airport in narita (which is around chiba from what i gather eh?). So if anyone knows of anything in chiba let me know too :)

Thanks for all the help so far too! i really appreciate it. And any more ideas are definately welcome.

If you go to Google Earth and do a search for Tomisato Japan one of the options that pops up is to go to where RE Amemiya is located near Narita, it's only about 10-15 minutes away. Once you locate it, click on it and an option to do a "Tour of Japan for automotive enthusiasts" pops up. Click that and about 100 locations pop up throughout Japan of racetracks, tuner garages and salvage yards.

Good call,also i would try to find someone that could teach me to be a ninja.

Iga Ueno

for some other non car related fun... Matsumoto castle, Shengakuji, Azuchi Momoyama Bunka Mura, Hakone to see fuji and Lake Ashi, The sony building is freakin ridiculous fun, Hameji, Kiyomizudera... feel free to look any of them up, typing any in google or yahoo search should bring up plenty of info.. and as for car stuff i cant believe nobody has suggested the following:

http://www.spiritgarage.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo0WeyGFSDA

and you call yourselves Z enthusiasts.. shame.

Feel free to e-mail me or pm me any questions... I love Japan.. going back next fall for ten days and will probably visit lots of the places i just listed AGAIN.

Sunshine City - You can observe Tokyo from above. Perhaps the most unique elevator ride on the way up to the observation floor - You'll know what I mean, if you go.

Seibu Mall - World's largest, or second largest mall.

Kubukicho - Red light district. It's massive. If you have Bon Jovi's hair style from the 1987, you'll fit in just fine, the chicks will love you.

Sony Building - Somewhat interesting. You can see and test out lots of existing and up coming Sony products. It's worth a cruise through, but don't waste a lot of time there.

Toyota Store - I can't remember where it is exactly, but it's a massive Toyota store (dealership), but not in the traditional sense. It's something like 7 storeys and has many interactive displays. Perhaps, someone who knows what I'm talking about will pipe in and tell you where it is.

Tsukiji Fish Market - Something that I didn't see, but mentioned by others all the time. Apparently, the best time to be there is 5am, which is probably the reason why I didn't go.

Sunshine City - You can observe Tokyo from above. Perhaps the most unique elevator ride on the way up to the observation floor - You'll know what I mean, if you go.

Seibu Mall - World's largest, or second largest mall.

Kubukicho - Red light district. It's massive. If you have Bon Jovi's hair style from the 1987, you'll fit in just fine, the chicks will love you.

Sony Building - Somewhat interesting. You can see and test out lots of existing and up coming Sony products. It's worth a cruise through, but don't waste a lot of time there.

Toyota Store - I can't remember where it is exactly, but it's a massive Toyota store (dealership), but not in the traditional sense. It's something like 7 storeys and has many interactive displays. Perhaps, someone who knows what I'm talking about will pipe in and tell you where it is.

Tsukiji Fish Market - Something that I didn't see, but mentioned by others all the time. Apparently, the best time to be there is 5am, which is probably the reason why I didn't go.

Toyota store is in the mall at Odaiba park. Odaiba park is close to Tokyo Big site, right across the Rainbow bridge from Tokyo proper.

Tokyo Tower would be another great place to see the city from.