HybridZ

Meth Injection Systems - Alkycontrol, Snow Performance or Cooling Mist

ktm

Which do you recommend? I see that there are users of all systems here, but the price difference is significant (up to $100+ or more difference).

I am looking for a system that can increase the flow based on boost. Snow Performance's and Cooling Mist's Stage 2 kits looks to fit the bill, but one is $400 and the other $500.

Thanks,

Bo

Been using AlkyControl for several years. It works off a MAP sensor and allows you to dial in the point it starts injecting, and progressively increases volume with boost. It has a gain control knob that allows you to increase volume on the fly, a test button so you make sure it is injecting, a low-level light, "On (injecting) light" and another adjustment to increase voltage to the pump and the best customer service out there.

I understand some of the newer systems claim to have more advanced features but since I have no experience with them, cannot comment on them. 27psi boost with a T-72 with a pump gas mix equiv to about 97-octane for the track and estimating about 630+RWHP. Going through the traps with 27psi, the IAT (just pass the TB) registers ambient on a "cool" :rolleyes: Orlando summer evening. With that, I have no reason to want to switch.

I would recommend alky control, awesome setup. Very easy to install and use, worked flawlessly for me. Its all standalone with its own computer and has SS lines and all the warning features that Scottie mentioned. They also have great customer support. I used it with 26psi and pump gas on L28.

And in fact I happen to have it for sale.. 400 (shipped) takes it.

PM me if you are interested, it is pretty much brand new. I used it on my L28 for about a month...long enough to make it to SEZ and then I decided to pull out the L28 and go a different route that wont be turbo for a while. I was actually planning on keeping it for future use but I need money to finish my VQ swap. I have the manual and all hardware / accs. If you don't have a MAP sensor thats the only thing you will need.

KTM, don't you have the capability of controling extra injectors? If you can control the fjo injectors with your ecu, that would be the way to go. If you can't control the injectors, check out the entire FJO system.

I agree with Bernard, my methanol injection system is controlled by the staged injector setup in the AEM. Using the ECU allows controll of the methanol with the same accuracy of the regular EFI system.PM if you would like more info.

dyno434fptvp0.jpg

Dyno graph of my A/F ratio curve under boost, the methanol accounts for 35% of the total fuel through 2 160lb methanol compatable fuel injectors.Intake temps never went over 100* and if the clutch hadn`t slipped 500rwh with 91 oct and the methanol should be NP.

• 3 weeks later...

I too run a devils own kit. In fact, I've sold a couple to customers as well. It's a good solid kit with an affordable price tag. The progressive controller works great to dial in the exact amount of meth when you want it. If you have any questions on it, feel free to pm me.