HybridZ

Insight requested - Compression test on ALL cylinders forced coolant out the rad

ktm

I took my car out for a spin tonight and it was acting very strange. I came home and ran a compression test. Just as I tested #6 first, #3 blew a geyser of coolant all over me. I continued my testing and my compression numbers were 120 to 130 across the board, with #3 at 150.

So I pulled the rad cap and tested all the cylinders. EVERY SINGLE CYLINDER caused the radiator to overflow. However, only #3 shot a geyser and #4 spit occasionally.

I'll be pulling the head later this week, but I am seeking some ideas as to WTF happened.

Hmmm sounds like the headgasket....i dont suppose u see any coolant or anything just below the spark plugs? right where block and head meet? mine has a slight sweat through there and im guessing my block needs to be decked....what motor and mods do u have?turbo? and what was going on when things started to act strange? im sure some of the veterans on here will surely help u out....

• 2 weeks later...