HybridZ

Pics of Cobra R replica wheels on a 280Z.

About to buy cobra R replicas off Ebay, and would like to see some with and without wheel spacers or with ZG flares.

Also would like to know what kind of spacer I would need to run to run flush with a ZG flare on these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-9-Black-Mustang-Cobra-R-Wheels-Rims-79-93_W0QQitemZ290175968898QQihZ019QQcategoryZ43957QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's an old pic, but it's all I have right now on the computer. This was right after I got the tires and wheels put on, several months before getting the ZG flares:

beefytires1.jpg

The tires are 275/40 on 17" rims. I had to go with coilovers, and they clear by about 1/2".

• 1 year later...

You will need some adapters to make these wheels work. I have them in like new condition if you would like to purchase them.

Here are what they looked like while I had them. They were the 03 Cobra replicas though, but they are the exact same lug pattern as the R's

DSCN0696.jpg

DSCN0783.jpg

DSCN0785.jpg

DSCN0697-1.jpg

And here is how close the offset is to being right on the ZG flares...

DSCN0760.jpg

PM me if you would like to buy the adapters.

• 7 months later...

toward slamed68 and others...

I can't tell if i missed something here but what did you do to get those rims to fit with the backspacing. there is not much room from the back of the tire and the suspension on stock suspension and tires. I see you had different suspension but you did not specify what you have or what you adjusted exactly to get those rims and tires to fit... what the offset is etc.

zgflares03.jpg

These are off of Ebay, 10.5" in the rear and 9" in the front. I have 300zx hubs on the front, and 1.25" spacers in the rear with the hubs drilled for 5 bolt.

where did you get the spacers? are you confident in their structural integrity - I've heard of a lot of people having "wheel offs" with having spacers. also did you get longer studs? I'm not seeing a heck of a lot of info on what was done in its entirety to make these rims and tire sized work....

not hijacking- just making an observation.

Guys, listen lol..

ALL YOU NEED!! - is the adapters to make these wheels work. I ran these for over a year, on the strip, on the street, everywhere.

You have to treat them like any other aluminum wheel though, Tighten, drive 5 miles, tighten, drive 20 miles, tighten, drive 50 miles, tighten, drive 150 miles, tighten.. eventually after 3-4 times of tightening you will not be able to torque them any more than what they should be. Aluminum collapses under the vibration and stresses of driving, so they need re-tightened a few times initially.

I HAVE THE ADAPTERS!! All 4 of them, like new condition, sitting out in the garage. You can run 17x9 Cobra wheels on STOCK SUSPENSION. You will need some type of flare though! I ran 255/40-17's all around and it works just fine!

PM me for anymore questions.