HybridZ

exhaust for 2+2

silviaguy240

sorry if this has been discussed before, but yielding a quick search i didnt find much of anything pertaining to this, and i know there is a actual exhaust section..but seeing that it didnt seem to have that much traffic, i decided to post here.

im in the need for a new exhaust for my 78 2+2, because of my pacesetter that was previously on the car...well you can guess, it rusted off! and seeing that i dont drive the car much anymore i just decided to take it off at the CAT just to see how it sounded and if i could feel performance gain...but with that aside i need to run the car through inspection at the end of the month and i need an exhaust.

but the question is, i need to know if the exhausts for the coupe 280z will fit on my 2+2.

It will be 'too short'...by about 13".

I used the standard MSA 2.5" Mandrel Bent system for a coupe on two of my 2+2's. I simply went to Pep Boys and bought a length of 2.5" Pipe from their exhaust section and added what I needed. On the second system I added a glasspack there instead and actually cut some of the MSA pipe off to compensate for the secondary muffler (it was 30" long!)

If you look at what Nissan did with the 2+2's, they simply added a second 'spacer pipe' that went between the standard Coupe Components. You can do the same, as long as the headpipe is separate at some point from the header between the engine and differential---that is the place you have room to do your 13 or so inches of adding pipe in there.

Curious you should mention that!

I got into the shed today and was looking at what I have to move to pull it down. I have to send the end pieces off to someone for 'replication' and am glacially moving in that direction.

Send me an E-Mail with '2+2 Dimension Photos' in the Subject Line so I have a direct link to send them to when I get it done. I just cleared out my e-mail box (27 pages now down to 3) so the list of 'things to do/reply to' has shrunk considerably.

Pray this lul in industrial compressor startups/overhauls lasts a couple of more months... I may actually get all my backed-up projects cleared!

You and someone else wanted those dimensions. And I didn't see an e-mail from him in that box while I was cleaning...