HybridZ

JDM Chrome Headlight Covers

280zNHChris

Hi All, I have a set of the JDM Chrome Headlight Covers off my 240zt that I might sell to upgrade the car. What do you think they are worth if the rings are in perfect shape and one plastic cover has a small crack in it? No scratches on the rings and the plastic looks great except for the crack(about one inch off the front.) The prices I've seen seem very high but a lot of demand.

Thanks Chris

Guest 280ZForce
I've seen a set of rings go for around $250 without the covers. With covers $500 and up depending on condition.

I've seen the original ones go for $400-$600, but these are aftermarket. Originals have glass lenses, his are plastic.

Here's some pics of them.

Did you get my PMs? I'm ready and willing to send you the money right now but I havent heard anything back from you yet.

I've seen the original ones go for $400-$600, but these are aftermarket. Originals have glass lenses, his are plastic.

Glass? Never.

OEM Nissan factory option headlamp covers ALWAYS had acrylic lenses. They were never made using glass.

The frames were originally made from chromed steel channel section ( two pieces butt-welded together to make each frame ) but later factory runs were made from polished stainless steel.

Guest 280ZForce
Glass? Never.

OEM Nissan factory option headlamp covers ALWAYS had acrylic lenses. They were never made using glass.

My mistake then, I was always told the original ones were made of glass.

Either way I still want them some how some way. :D

• 1 year later...