HybridZ

need help on 3.1 build.

voodoo240z

Hello Hybrid Z,

I need help building my stroke motor inside my 240z. I got the ld28 crank, I need advise from some one who has done a similar build. I am ready to purchase some parts mention below but still want more answer from some one who has experience this build before. I plan on going with JE piston 88mm, I talked to racetep and they said to do a dish piston. What are my advantage of a dish piston vs flat. As far as rod goes I cant seem to find the 9mm rod, so I might go ahead with Cunningham rod. If going with Cunningham rod what size would be best. Im also going to use a JWT Z31 conversion. Any help would really be appreciated.

Buy the How to Modify Your Nissan/Datsun OHC Engine book and search here and on the web. You'll find a ton of info in each to help you with these decisions. I've seen several sites that specifically deal with these questions as well.

Dished pistons will give you a lower compression ratio. If you want a lower compression ratio, then you should go with them. It will probably depend on which head you end up using. Before you ask which head you should use, spend some serious time searching and reading.

Rods are going to have to be L24 length if you plan on doing the "standard" stroker build. You can alternatively move the pin height in the piston and use a longer rod. Again, this is something that has been discussed before, and you will find info on it if you search.

Things to search for:

stroker

L31

rod/stroke ratio

r/s ratio

pin height

compression ratio

You're going to spend some cash getting this engine built. Spend some time now researching what you're doing.