HybridZ

Olds 350?

i r teh noobz

I'm looking into building a V8 Z in the next few months, and I want to go with a GM small block. From what I've read, a 350 or 400 SBC seems like the best way to go for me, but I was wondering how similar a chevy 350 is to an olds 350. I've always had a thing for Oldsmobiles and Nissans, and I think it would be neat to combine them in a Z, but I can't seem to find much on the subject. Does anyone know if the JTR motor mounts work with the olds?

Olds 350 is good, mock it up run it awhile and then look for a 455....will bolt right up to mounts and transmission (It'll even LOOK the same as the 350) and all you'll have to do is fab an upper alt. bracket (hint: a couple of 3/8" washers welded to the 350's upper bracket space it out perfectly) to compensate for the bigger motor's 1/4" taller deck height. Awesome! Once you search you'll find that the olds 350 is about as similar to a chev 350 as DQ chocolate ice cream is to DQ vanilla ice cream. (both are pushrod OHV V-8's built by GM, both are good choices, but all similarity ends there.) As far as the mounts, they'll be a good start. (you'll have to make different set back plates because the bolt pattern for the mount to the block is different from a chebby but it wasn't that hard for my buddy and I to mount a 425 rocket into a buick skylark so once again the JTR kit should get you well on the way to a wicked Z car.)