HybridZ

240sx Big brake upgrade?

They're 25% larger pads than early 280ZX calipers, it's the nicely sized 11.4" rotors that make the calipers look small. They are lots of braking....if you want custom vented let me know....or any AEM as I've got their line, just don't typically stock it ;) How fast did want to go/brake/spend smile.gif

The rotors used in the kit aren't 240SX (they're Z31 rears, the larger ones) so a rear 240SX upgrade intended for a 240SX would not necessarily be a bolt on with my brackets.

Merry Christmas to All! Time to turn this computer off!

for one, if it's a 240sx caliper, remember that it's used on a heavier newer 240sx, not a 280Z. the rotor is also bigger, and you're also comparing calipers/disks to stock drums! Also, don't forget that most of your braking happens up front. Why would you bother putting a big brake kit on the rear, unless it was for show?

on another note, have you ever held 240sx rear calipers? they're almost as big as stock 1st gen Z calipers.

Guest Anonymous

I'm surprised nobody has made an adapter that allows early front Z calipers to be used with early 80's z rear discs'. The front calipers get replaced with the Toyota 4X4 cailpers all he time which leaves a surplus of leftover stock Z fronts.

Of course, this would leave you without an e-brake but you could add a line lock. For racer's though, this would be really nice and you could add a set of Hawk brake pads to boot.

I'm surprised nobody has made an adapter that allows early front Z calipers to be used with early 80's z rear discs'.

You note for racers etc.....racers don't typically use 10 lb parts unless they have to. I can relate to wanting to use 'surplus' parts but this is your brakes you're working on.....we don't use partially spent tires or pushrods/oil etc......and for what are in the grand scheme are very cheap calipers....buck up a little bit to keep the shiny side up and have a fine brake system ;) Just my .02c