HybridZ

Drivetrain upgrade for LS1

01vincer6

Well I am torn on what ssetup to get. I bought marcus's 71 240z awhile back and replaced the 355 sbc/T56 trans with an LS1 w/LS1 6 speed. I have the R200 lsd in the rear now and have made a custom alum. mustache bar and a stout diff mount. I am now moving to the CV's and hubs. What should I change to? The 70 ->78 Z - 300ZX CV Conversion Package,70->78 Z - 280ZXT CV Conversion Package,Billet 4340 280Z Stub Axles. Money not being a huge issue. I will mainly use drag radials and be driving this on the street bbut it will see some drag strip to. I read up on alot of the different options but just dont know which is the best way to go. And which CV's should I go with?280zxt,z31ect..

Also the car is in the process of having a Turbonetics T72 bb single turbo setup running around 6-7 psi.. So roughly I will be pushing 500 or more to the wheels.

The R200 in my 510 has held up fine with stock halfshafts and NISMO soild U joints(BTW NLA from Nissan). This was with a turbo N20 3 liter L series stroker motor using the the same LS1 T56 in your car on 7" wide slicks and 535rwh and 490 fpt. An R200 with an LSD should hold up , I would use the strongest axels I could afford.When my supply of stock axels with the soild U joints is depleted a set of custom axels will be made using Porsche 930 CV`s.