HybridZ

would this downpipe work with my holset turbo?

LeX

I have the HY35 (HE351) and i have seen this downpipe on ebay. My turbo did not come with the turbo elbow (guy couldn't find it, and auction didn't specify it came with it, and it looks like they rarely pop up for around $35+ship on ebay)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Ram-Cummins-5-9-HX40-Holset-Downpipe-Kit-4_W0QQitemZ330193555808QQihZ014QQcategoryZ33633QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like it will connect right to the outlet. Do you think it would fit reasonably well, and i could have it rebent to mate to my 3" exhaust, or does it look like the wrong length/size completely so it wouldn't have a chance of working?

69ac_1.JPG

my turbo does have the correct 4" v band outlet, but didnt come with the elbow

722a_1.JPG

Guest 280ZForce

that's aftermarket and made to fit the dodge engine bay. I'll tell you right now you won't be able to buy that and just bolt it into a Z engine bay. it drops down too low and also looks to have too severe of bend off the turbo to work on the Z. you are better off getting your own made to fit or buy the oem dodge holset elbow and build your exhaust off that one.

I haven't gotten to doing mine yet, but I am planning on using a 3.5 inch downpipe. I think I will get a ring machined with a 3.5 ID and a 4.0 OD (or whatever that turbo actually is) with a bevelled edge to match that of the turbo Vband. I figure if I gotta make one, I might as well make several and sell them. However this wont see the light of day until at least April.