HybridZ

Think this will all fit???

JustinOlson

Well, I might be over doing it a bit, but what the hell. So as I've stated in a couple threads, I'm doing a 2JZGE swap into my car with a TH400. I've been going back and forth on which turbo I wanted to choose for my 2JZ build. I decided that I wanted to run a divided manifold with dual wastegates to gain spool. All was good when I was drawing up the collector for a divided T4 collector. The 1.5" schedule 10 piping doesn't fit up too well to the T4 flange. Anyway, to make a long store short, I decided that a T6 divided manifold would be the only way to go. Theres not much for information out there on these Borg Warner turbos with the divided t6 turbine housings. I ended up choosing a S480 which is right in line with a garrett GT4780. The S480 has a 10" overall diameter with a 5.5" slip fit inlet and 3.0" outlet. The turbine housing has a 5" outlet, so I'm just going to do a 5" dump right behind the passenger side front tire :)

So I need to fit the S480 along with two Synapse 50mm wastegates in this little Z with the stock hood. Wish me luck. I have yet to yank out the L28, but that should be happening over this christmas break.

s480racecovermn3.jpg

and two of these guys:

Here is a comparison of the Divided T4 collector vs the Divided T6 collector. You simply can't make the 1.5" sch 10 pipe fit the t4 flange better without porting and hammering..

1comparisont6vst4uc5.jpg

Regards,

Justin

Based on the pictures and talking to Z-gad, I think I should have room for the turbo. I'm not sure how the wastegates are going to be layed out. I'll just have to figure it out once the engines mounted and I start mocking up the turbo...

Z-gads car with a PT76:

2JZ_Z_127.jpg

The turbo on the left has the same compressor cover as mine. The turbo on the right has a compressor cover the size of Z-Gads. This picture gives me hope :)

seepictureaspji5.jpg

Here is a picture of the TPS supra with the S480 and the medium sized compressor cover (shown in the center in the above photo). The TPS supra has gone as fast as 8.70's with the S480. They tell me they think it has 8.50's in it on a well prepped track :)

s480tpspv8.jpg

Justin

I'm going to try and get it all to fit in the factory engine bay. I'm hoping it can make it all fit. I'm having the collector and turbine flange machined this week. I am placing the muffler right behind the passenger side front tire. Should sounds pretty sick with a 5" dump :)

Justin