HybridZ

Converting 4.11 R200 Open diff to lsd

Guest 1Fast240Z

Guest 1Fast240Z

Alright guys, I've searched, but didn't really find an answer to my question. Sorry if I missed it, but I looked for a while.

My friend has just pulled an R200 4.11 diff out of a 200sx. The differential is an open diff, and we were wondering if it would be possible to convert it over to lsd and keep the same gear ratio? I've read on here about people welding the spider gears, installing a phantom grip, and swapping in the z31t lsd carrier into the housing, but that's not exactly what we are looking for. Welding the spider gears would work, but I've heard mixed things about running it through the corners. The phantom grip sounds like a great idea, but I've also read about people having bad results. The z31t is out of the question because we want to be able to retain the 4.11 gearset.

So, to make a long question short...is there any way to modify the open 4.11 gearset over to an lsd setup?

• Administrators
Alright guys, I've searched, but didn't really find an answer to my question. Sorry if I missed it, but I looked for a while.

So, to make a long question short...is there any way to modify the open 4.11 gearset over to an lsd setup?

Maybe I’m missing something here or possibly you forgot to mention a specific that has not been covered, but I am pretty sure that all R-200 differentials are capable of being converted to LSD regardless of the ring and pinion ratio. If that is indeed the case, then all of these threads linked below were should be of help to you ALL of these threads are “stickies” and pertain to the Datsun Diff and cover various LSD's and located right here in this drive-train section, at the very top above this post.

Click ME for; Differential / CV / LSD / HP / Torque / R160 / R180 / R200 / R230 / Diff Mount

Click ME for; Talkin the talk... q45 r230 r200 z30 & so on & so on

Click ME for; OBX vs Quaife (with pixors)

Click ME for; Adding Clutches to the CLSD R200

Click ME for; R200 LSD's and breakaway SHIMMING DONE!

Guest 1Fast240Z

oh, snap. I didn't understand those posts the first time around. I wasn't thinking that the ring gear could be removed from the carrier assembly itself.

Thanks for the spoon feed...

• Administrators
oh, snap. I didn't understand those posts the first time around. I wasn't thinking that the ring gear could be removed from the carrier assembly itself.

Thanks for the spoon feed...

Thank you for being “aware” and respectful. As Larry says, members like this give the Admins a warm fuzzy feelin. animoticons%2520teo%2520mande%2520(29).gif

Thank you,

Paul Ruschman

HybridZ Staff