HybridZ

Stance with a V8?

Guest KraZ4spd

Guest KraZ4spd

Is it possible to get this stance with a V8?

www.1upautomotive.com/zcarsonline/center_page.asp?pic=art/carshows/cs040801/Disk5/Mrc-027s.jpg

Most V8 Z's that I see sit pretty high. Like they are set up for Drag. I want mine to be low and handle like it is on rails. I like going through the cones on Sunday afternoons.

I don't want to lose the cornering.

------------------

It's Your World Man, Just Get Out Of My Way!!!

KraZ4spd

Well, I couldn't pull up the picture, but I was there... You can have your Z as low as you want it to be, but you will want to take into consideration the oilpan clearance from the ground. It becomes crucial in a V8Z since the oilpan (from a Chevy anyway) is within anywhere from 2-4 inches from the ground on a typical set up. There have been numerous threads in the forum that have dealt with this issue of "oilpan clearance." Search the archives.

I, like you, want a low Z and a V8--I want my cake and eat it too!!!

You can use the 'Vette oil pan for clearance if you want - the T56 actually ends up hanging lower than th efront crossmember if you run one of those. My oil pan is a bit low, I'll be watching out for those sky high manhole covers. If I whack it I'll go with the 'Vette pan or something like it.

Canton and Moroso, and probably others make 6.5 and 7" deep road race pans for the 1 and two piece blocks. Plan to get one of these FIRST, then do your exhaust.

The 1 pc seal Vette pan is still available, but I recently found out that the 2 pc seal Vette pan and baffle are NLA!

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project

pparaska@home.com

Pete's V8 Datsun 240Z Pages

yes, oil pan clearance is crucial, and may have a hand in dictating "how low can you go"

im pretty slammed here, using 280zx racing springs and shocks that are both about to go,

coil overs in the back help me out a lot, but my main enemy is driveways and speed bumps, ive hit the oil pan a couple times, nothing nice-being as paranoid as i am i just sit there and stare under my car for ten minutes to make sure i didnt just do myself terrrible. slow and low kid, slow and low, but dang quick and still low when i try to be, makes for greater cornering confidence and a great race feel to driving your hybrid z!