HybridZ

Lookin for rim opinion. Please help

I have been planning to purchase a custom set of 17x11 rims for my z. Price aprox $480 each. No problems I know they fit.. been saving last little while to buy them..

Now the other day, a kind of a deal was presented to me (I have feelers out looking for used rims for me)

I can get my hands on a set of 15x12 and 15x9 centrelines.. bolt on, correct offset to fit my Z.

Finding 15" performance rubber in wide widths is not easy, but I have found rubber to fit these rims.

The opinion I need is, is it worth the switch to go back to a 15" rim again? I already have 16's on the car and only want to switch rims to fit wider tires under the back of the car.

the 15's will get me there.. but so will the 17's.

The 17's are pushing my max diameter to within a few tenths of an inch. the 15's will get me back to where I used to be. I am currently using a 25.5 inch dia tire, 17's will take me to a hair under 26 inches, and the 15's will get me a hair under 25 inches in dia.

I don't know what to do for the long term.. the 15's are a beautiful rim, and suit the look of my car..

AHHHHH I'm so confused. Decisions decisions...??

I'd like to make an intelligent decision, not an emotional one...

oh and the price of the 15's with decent condition tires is going to end up in the neighbourhood of 2 custom rims.

Help... :confused:

If you like the 16`s you already have, can you just get 2 new rims for the rear?

If you go with the 15" package, that gives you the option of 2 different wheel sets, maybe 1 set for street and 1 set for play. The 15" tires are going to be hard to fit wide applications.

I don`t know what to tell you other than It`s all in what you want!!!

Good Luck!

Some of the porsche guys run some very large 15 inch rims with something like 315/35/15 tires. I think these were made for a lamborgini originally.

Have a think about your gearing as well. Which way would you want to bump it over your current set up. The money isnt really a hell of a thing considering how much you have spent already. :D

Douglas

Yea I think your right. The 15's are wide enough, but you make a good point about the dia... I need all the ratio I can get, to keep load on the engine. I don't want to (increase numerically) my ratio at all.

Cool.. perspective.. thats what I needed.

The plan remains.. custom 17's it will be..

Anyone want some 15" rims? I have a good line on some.

Thanks guys!

cheers.gif