HybridZ

mopar ignition on L series

has anyone else used a mopar ignition box on there car? i just put one on just to see what happens the result is that it works great! i think this would be a cheaper alternative to an msd ignition just checking if any one else has already done it

I've used the 1970's Mopar ignition boxes to change from points to electronic on both a Toyota and a Datsun. Located magnetic pickup (reluctor) distributors for each engine, and wired the box up per an old 'Direct Connection' book. No multispark capability like MSD, but works fine. As the boxes are good for about 5000 on a V8, they should do for around 6500 on a six, or 10K on a four. Higher performance/rpm boxes are available.

<>

Not really a welding issue or even a fabrication issue, but yes!

very simple bucks down aproach. Available any and all hours of the night versus a MSD that could leave you stranded with no solution on a weekend. Once had a mallory HyFire die on the racecar on aFriday night after qualifications. Found an all night autostore and was ready for eliminations on Saturday morning!

Greg Kring