HybridZ

will I benefit from...?

MJLamberson

You guys are cruel (although I am chuckling).

When you press the pedal all the way down you want the throttle to open all the way which is horizontal to the airflow. If it moves past that point it will begin to restrict the airflow, just as if you began to release the throttle. The throttle stop behind the pedal should be adjusted so that when the pedal hits it, the throttle is exactly fully open.

It would be a good idea to remove the hose going to the throttle body, have someone push the gas pedal to the floor, and then look into the throttle to make sure the plate is perfectly horizontal. If it isn't, then you can loosen the lock nut on the pedal stop and adjust it. (Do this with the engine off.)

Unless it's grossly out of adjustment, you're not likely to gain any noticeable power. :(

I'm glad I read this thread. Zmanco posted a good "tune-up" thing for me to check.

I remember installing some new floor mats from MSA. They made it so I wouldn't get 100% throttle anymore. I was wondering what the heck happened?? I finally put two and two together and realized what I did...duh...:redface:

I remember installing some new floor mats from MSA. They made it so I wouldn't get 100% throttle anymore. I was wondering what the heck happened?? I finally put two and two together and realized what I did...duh...:redface:
The PO of my car put new floor mats over the old ones. Same situation - I found it easiest to just cut the portion of the carpet out that covered the throttle stop. That gave it a more definite feel when the pedal was floored.