HybridZ

L28 NA with F54+P90 and original engine...?

Blobber

Word of note, my 72 came with an "ATK" crate L28 (P90A F54) ....original owner had replaced the L24 when it hit 170K miles.

It definetly has some solid compression for a N/A setup....with 70K miles it puts about 180-190psi per cylinder and could get a otherwise stock SU'd 240 to mid 14's. I have never opened it up to look at pistons though.

You should pop a spark plug and shine a flashlight into one of the cylinders. If they are dished pistons, your CR is too low for an NA. Flat tops with a P90A head make for a nice street-able engine with hydraulic lifters (quiet, no valve adjustments)

You should pop a spark plug and shine a flashlight into one of the cylinders. If they are dished pistons, your CR is too low for an NA. Flat tops with a P90A head make for a nice street-able engine with hydraulic lifters (quiet, no valve adjustments)

Europe never got the hydrolic lifters al p90's are non hydrolic despite the A code.

However im fairly sure they are 'domed'as he is in finland and that makes for a normal l28 here.

I bet he has the valve cover in 'turbo'style but with only the bigger NISSAN on it.

The euro ZX engine was rated at 150hp however i have seen a dyno pull with with a low KM car pulling 142 at the wheels.. Given you never know how accurate that dyno compares to others.

Well, I started this thread just to make sure that I really have what I have been told. I presumed that US and Europe markets had the same engine variations. But now looks like that it isn't so.

However im fairly sure they are 'domed'as he is in finland and that makes for a normal l28 here.

I bet he has the valve cover in 'turbo'style but with only the bigger NISSAN on it.

Im not sure why you posted this, but I just posted to get information on euro-engine. You are right that in Finland we don't have these cars so many and the information isn't available so easily. My engine has almost the same kind of valve cover that my L26 has. I think that your way of comment is unnecessary.

Well, I started this thread just to make sure that I really have what I have been told. I presumed that US and Europe markets had the same engine variations. But now looks like that it isn't so.

Im not sure why you posted this, but I just posted to get information on euro-engine. You are right that in Finland we don't have these cars so many and the information isn't available so easily. My engine has almost the same kind of valve cover that my L26 has. I think that your way of comment is unnecessary.

What are you talking about?? my way of commenting? i mean i GAVE you insight and THE answer to your question..

It doesnt look like it isnt so.. IT IS NOT SO....

Your valve cover on the engine would not be the one that came on the engine from the factory. Next to that the cam from quick mesurments is slightly diffrent from the us cam i have available, but that is out of an p79 head so that might be the reason.

Me saying you are in finland is to point out that your combo is a stock combo with diffrent pistons than the US market would see. I dont see where that would have offended you.. If you have been offended by this....whatever..

What are you talking about?? my way of commenting? i mean i GAVE you insight and THE answer to your question..

It doesnt look like it isnt so.. IT IS NOT SO....

Me saying you are in finland is to point out that your combo is a stock combo with diffrent pistons than the US market would see. I dont see where that would have offended you.. If you have been offended by this....whatever..

Sorry frank, I misunderstood your comment totally wrong. I'm so sorry about it. As I now read the post again, it came very clear what you meant to me. Sorry, my english isn't the best of all and understanding of it, as it seems, isn't much better either. My apologies.

I looked through the spark plug holes and the pistons looked like flat-tops pistons to me. They maybe can be domed, but certainly those aren't dished pistons. I'll try post pictures from the valve cover and engine, so your comment isn't based on my poor descriptions.