HybridZ

Panel adhesive repairs update

Derek

I set up a gallery page here http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=836&ppuser=0 if anyone wants to follow my progress.

I'm also going to pass on a few pearls of wisdom that I've gleaned so far.

#1 Approximately two to three months before you start your project go out and get into a minimum of three or four bar fights. And if your over 35 make one of them a Country Western bar. This will give you an pretty good idea of what your muscles will feel like when your done sanding!

#2 Buy good bondo. I used Rage Extreme and it was awesome. It spreads easily and sands easily. I've used cheap bondo's before and there is a difference. Only do small areas at a time and do complete sections. Don't shove a wad of hardening bondo into a dent thinking you'll fix it by sanding. A nice smooth application makes the blocking so much easier.

#3 When you start doing the bondo work give your DA to a friend to hold. Unless you do a lot of bodywork all your going to do is turn the area into a giant wave. I hand blocked all of my bondo work and managed to nail everything in two applications of filler.

#4 Use a guide coat. I used a rattle can spray lacquer. A guide coat really shows where your at as far as high and low spots when your sanding.

#5 Always use sanding blocks. If you can't remove a low spot with a block then it will need more filler.

That's it for now. I'm sure I'll have more to add as I get into the paint work.

Derek