HybridZ

Patriot Heads

There was a thread on here about pro comp heads. Patriot, Pro comp, strike force heads are the same. They are casted in Australia and machined in the U.S. which is why they are low cost. But from the thread that was on here I would not purchase them due to their variability in flow.

But from the thread that was on here I would not purchase them due to their variability in flow

yeah, I read that too. But I did not have a set of heads and the price was right. Plus I don't mind being the guinea pig. And as I said they did look good to me. no burs or casting flaws. come to think of it, my E88 cylinder head had some burs too. Right at the sparkplug hole.

I am building this engine cheap. The intake is a professional products huricane EFI manifold and the SS headers are straight from Ebay.

we'll see.

My neighbor bought a set for his 355 build, he bought them straight from patriots website and saved a few bucks over ebay. He had to buy special intake and exhaust gaskets that matched the ports. They looked really good quality wise. Patriot is suppose to be really big in the ls1 market and people swear by them.

Guest Retroman

You should look at Precision Race Components' heads (http://www.texas-speed.com). They only do LS stuff. The have a huge reputation in the LS market. I have a 01 Z28 that i race sometimes. Just to give you an idea of the power they put out, I have their LS6 ported heads w/ a 234/238 cam on 111lsa and pacesetter headers. The car dyno'd 396rwhp through an automatic with a 4400 stall converter. They are inexpensive compared to the market. Just a suggestion.