HybridZ

RB30 Blocks - What are you guys paying?

Guest [200]

i COULD set something up.... but shipping is gonna be a disaster.

cause my engine importer is not too impressed with the speed at which the first ones were sold.... and I'm pretty sure I can sell him some more a lot quicker than the first run of 6 =)

How many would be in?

Add your name to the list.... they go from 500 - 800 (shipping not incl.) depending on condition, usually based on the way the cylinders look.

Out of 6 he had, only one had a small issue, and the block is still going to be put through some heavy abuse to see if it was a problem at all (scottyMIz will let us know)

Potential RB30 buyers list:

1) Careless (yeah, I'll take another)

2) alexideways

3) Racinjitter

4) synthtk

If I can get enough people interested, I can see what I can do, but so far... 4 - 6 engines may not be worth it for us, since for that many we will need to borrow container space (we're not shipping a crate of 6 and paying for an entire container. LOL) and right now he's having trouble doing that for my RB26 that i've been waiting a year on =(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got word that allz we need is 6 buyers and this COULD happen sometime when the snow dies down (I got 3 inches tucked up against the front door of the house, so you can bet I got nowhere to put these engines).

1.2 x 1.2 meter crate will ship 6 engines (that's what the last pallets size was).

I'd then have to charge for wood (no labour though) and building of the other crates to transport the engine to wherever you live.

Local pickup saves you money.

I can see about 3 or 4 people picking them up local, so shipping 2 isn't all that bad for me, really.

BUT ♥♥♥♥ THESE GUYS ARE HEAVY. And hopefully Racinjitter and I won't have to drag them across a cornfield of snow on a metal shelf like the last one we did, while trying to avoid hitting FC's and FD's in the parking lot.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh yah, One more thing.

Because of people backing out the first time (that's why I had one block accessible for another member here, and a spare block for myself which I then sold) shipping costs A LOT, especially for this weight and size. thats 5x5 feet or more., about 3.5 feet high, and the crate alone costs in the neighbourhood of 350 bucks.

so if you're serious, you will pay upfront...

shipping can take anywhere from 6 - 10 weeks, perhaps a bit more depending on how fast all the downpayments are received.

IF you want to do this, I can make it easier by having you guys notify me when you have the money (prices to come soon), and I ask that you hold onto it until everyone can pay at one time.

Racinjitter knows where both my houses are, so I won't do away with your money and never return. And scottyMIz would probably come with him (after meeting up with alexideways, who would come over from the Q out east.), and they'd probably bring baseball bats and gloves with them (to keep it legal). And they could be really really big people that could crush me. Frankly, I would not take the chance of trying to take money and run... LOL

And besides, the info on this site is much more valuable to me than your guys money for these engines, to be quite honest. :)

BUT ♥♥♥♥ THESE GUYS ARE HEAVY. And hopefully Racinjitter and I won't have to drag them across a cornfield of snow on a metal shelf like the last one we did, while trying to avoid hitting FC's and FD's in the parking lot.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LOL, That was an experience in itself. "Yeah we can just put it in this tupperware storage bin and drag it over to the truck," I guess we didnt factor in the cold weather and its effects on plastic. :hs:

As soon as you get enough potential buyers let me know. It will only take a few days to get my monies scrounged up. Do you think your shipper could get an extra rb25de head into that container? I will mention this on a few other forums to see if there is more buyers (not window shoppers).

Hell, Raff You know I will vouch for you. You went above and beyond helping me out, not just with the rb30's but with many parts projects too!:2thumbs::2thumbs:

LOL, That was an experience in itself. "Yeah we can just put it in this tupperware storage bin and drag it over to the truck," I guess we didnt factor in the cold weather and its effects on plastic. :hs:

Hahahah, "tupperware"????... that rubbermaid bin held up to 2 previous RB30's!!! :sour:meany.

I wonder what Brent did with the wreckage we left in his shed though. It would have flew off on the highway anyway. You know, the highway we went down for 15 minutes before we realized we had to turn at the first light we went through. HAHAHA.

As soon as you get enough potential buyers let me know. It will only take a few days to get my monies scrounged up. Do you think your shipper could get an extra rb25de head into that container? I will mention this on a few other forums to see if there is more buyers (not window shoppers).

Actually, lets just keep it hybridZ for now. I'm doing it to get more of these beasts of engines in here, and I'm going to go for only 6, as I haven't that much room. If I need to ship more, we can do a second run. Thanks though! I might be able to stuff more, I'll see what my land lord and what my supplier can do and has time for.

Hell, Raff You know I will vouch for you. You went above and beyond helping me out, not just with the rb30's but with many parts projects too!:2thumbs::2thumbs:

SHHHHH! (damn, I still need to make changes to that stuff too, this weekend sounds good).:-P

Oh, and if anyone comes to buy engines in person, lunch is on me! ;)

shipping is going to be in and around 300 - 500 from what someone told me UPS charges just today.

that's rediculous, I wouldn't even pay that. LOL.

I'll see if I can lower the price of the blocks to compensate. This might have to be done sometime around April because the weather is f*cked right now.

This is just a feeler, guys. I know a lot of you people are interested, and if someone else would like to set up a group by, by all means, go ahead. I'd rather someone else took the bull by the horns because of my current living situation.

However, if time is not a factor (couple of months), I can work hard at arranging this over that time period.

Reason being that my landlord/room mate calls the shots, and I'm proposing it as a way for him to make extra money by just using up a skid of space. I have to see what he says. So far he's receptive to the idea, he just wants to wait and see what happens closer to the time that it could happen, and I don't blame him... anything can happen, I might not even be living here (doubt that, this place rocks), but who knows.

I completely understand Raff. I am in no hurry, however I may just get a few rb25de heads on the way over here so that I can prep them.

You may want to check with Yellow shipping. That is the company I used to get my rb25det complete swap from Montreal to my house. IIRC it only cost 275, including duty fees. However I know of ways to get them across the US-Canada border without duty fees. When you cross the border, in customs, it states that if you have been in Canada for less than 48 hours you can bring back up to $200 in goods without taxes. If you are in Canada for more than 48 hours to a week you can bring back $800. I dont remember how much you can bring back if you are there more than a week.

When you have partially disassembled engines, customs cannot put a value on them. You have to decide if you want to tell them how much they are worth. If need be I could help getting the engines across the border and shipped out.

I completely understand Raff. I am in no hurry, however I may just get a few rb25de heads on the way over here so that I can prep them.

Nice, how did you come across just the heads.

You may want to check with Yellow shipping. That is the company I used to get my rb25det complete swap from Montreal to my house. IIRC it only cost 275, including duty fees. However I know of ways to get them across the US-Canada border without duty fees. When you cross the border, in customs, it states that if you have been in Canada for less than 48 hours you can bring back up to $200 in goods without taxes. If you are in Canada for more than 48 hours to a week you can bring back $800. I dont remember how much you can bring back if you are there more than a week.

Yellow, hmmmm. I'll goog' them and see what they say.

When you have partially disassembled engines, customs cannot put a value on them. You have to decide if you want to tell them how much they are worth. If need be I could help getting the engines across the border and shipped out.

That sounds like a great idea. We'd have to work out how much I'll give you for your time/resources or something. I think half are staying in Canada, and half in the US, which is just about where I'd want it to be, too. The faster I can offload some blocks, the better. :D

I'll go talk to the supplier.

I may be interested in a pair of RB30's. I'm local, so that should be easy.

Doug

The good thing about so many local buys is that if I can get the first set of engines to be sold locally, I will have the money to supply myself with materials and all I need to make the second shipment easier to be delivered further.

I'll get back to you guys within the week regarding this, as I wont be home for the weekend.

i'll be a pro after the sonoma :) but i might have one other guy interested in a rb30 block, mike the guy who had the gtr sold it finally and is looking to get an s14 and drop something into it. He is talking 2jz but i told him the range of how much the rb's will be and he is interested. Also can you look into the heads like jitter asked? Id be interested in a rb25 head for the sonoma swap. I figure i have alot of time before the sonoma gets an rb so if anyone else knows where i can get an rb head pm me or reply :D

i'll be a pro after the sonoma :) but i might have one other guy interested in a rb30 block, mike the guy who had the gtr sold it finally and is looking to get an s14 and drop something into it. He is talking 2jz but i told him the range of how much the rb's will be and he is interested. Also can you look into the heads like jitter asked? Id be interested in a rb25 head for the sonoma swap. I figure i have alot of time before the sonoma gets an rb so if anyone else knows where i can get an rb head pm me or reply :D

I think jitts has his own contacts for RB25 heads.

If you want me to source one, you're going to have to wait for more than a year. LOL, as I have for my blown 26 engine. =(

I think jitts has his own contacts for RB25 heads.

If you want me to source one, you're going to have to wait for more than a year. LOL, as I have for my blown 26 engine. =(

lol ouch! i'll see what i can find too, i might be able to have my buddy find me one when he goes to japan and send it back to me, or just buy another rb25 even though i dont wanna :D

lol ouch! i'll see what i can find too, i might be able to have my buddy find me one when he goes to japan and send it back to me, or just buy another rb25 even though i dont wanna :D

call some places and see if they have some blown RB25's.

sometimes you come across shops that think they tested them well before shipping but some turn out to be duds, or some ppl return them and get other ones with better compression.

Hey guys, as jdizzy said, you might be better off getting the two RB30's from him.

We just got a HUGE snowfall here, and some renovations that we're doing are gonna be put off for a while, as well as my tax return coming in... I'm not holding my breathe :(

It might be closer to summer for the RB30's. I can't even get into my garage right now, that's how bad it is. LOL. jdizzy's blocks are the same price, and if you're in the US, it will be cheaper for you guys anyway.

Raff.