HybridZ

wheels and tires questions...

Guest ON3GO

after looking at alot of different rims for a 240Z, im still lost.

I was gonna get www.super-lite.com to make me a set of rims but i really am going for that JDM old school look so my search has brought me to here... I WANT watanabes!!!!!!

I really dont even know the model of rims i want. i saw a pic of a set on a old 240Z and fell in love.

so does anybody know where i can find watanabes forsale? im looking for a 16x8 front and 16x9 or 10 in the rear.

anybody have pics of different models of watanabes that they can post and show me?

also i do like the stretched look but i think i rather have the tires fill up most of the rim.

so whats the widest size tires i can run in the rear of a 240Z (will have coil-overs) on a 9 or 10in rim. and also whats a good size for the front of a Z? remember handling is a big thing for me smile.gif .

Thanks guys.

Mike

i can get watanabes, but they are expensive, heres an example, i used to get rid of 14x6 inch wats to the trueno crowd for 750.00 a set, used,(thats as least 100.00 less than what they usually go for, i had seven sets sold in two hours flat) a set of 16x8s or 9s WILL cost you at least double that in good used shape, thats why just about nobody has them. i sold a pair of 15x8.5 and a set of 10s for 1500.00 each, USED, and thats A55 cheap for the market.

i had a few sets a while back, they sold like hotcakes, but i dont think there is enough market for me to get back into it. have you tried wheelchoice.com? they can any rim dang near, but they will want some big bucks.

on the rear of a 240z, i assume youre gonna run zg flares, i would run a -10 or so so the rim sits a little outward, like a oem snowflake rim or so, that way you could get a 215/40/16 on a 8" in front and a 245/45/16 on a 10" in the back, with the stretch look.

well how about this.

how much would 16x8, 16x9 watanabes for a 240Z be?

like aroudn what price?

i'll see if i can find something to hold on to :D

see i dunno if i want the stretched look..

245's? u think thats wide enough? i was thinking like 265's... well maybe i can run DR's :D in a 245.

what tire size would u run so it's not the Stretched look. and Yes ZG flares will be on the car.

mike

In a low profile 16" inch street tire.. a 245/45/16 is about it.. there are 255/50/16's, and Khumo victoracers make a 265/45/16.. THATS IT!!

I've hunted and hunted for YEARS.

I run the Khumo 265/45/16's.. they will not fit with stock fenders...not even sure if they will go with coilovers in a stock fender.

I gave up myself. I'm buying 17's.. custom.

And no.. my rims are not for sale till the 17's are on the car...

BTW I've had offers of $1000+ for my Epsilon 16x9 and 16x7 mesh 3 piece rims. Pretty rare as well these days.

hey man u have any pics of ur rims?

and ya i know they dont make alot of sizes in a 16in.. but i dont think a old Z car is made for anything bigger then 16 inch rims...

well they do but not with the style im going for.

mike

I have lots of pics at zdriver.com. in the rides section.... last page I think.. (alphabetical..ZR8ED).. hehehe figures.

Hmm I have a link to more pics and a 3min video at the sony imagestation site...I've posted the link here, and zcar.com a few times now.. though I'm at work and don't have a link handy for you.

aaaaaah **** . $2500..

is that with or with out tires...... lol ehehehhehe.

but ill dunno, i get my Grant soon back from college $3000, and maybe ill spend the money.

and maybe ill be making some money with my Car Audio thingy im doing.. gonna make custom speaker panels for Z's and other cars. smile.gif

mike

Hello dude I use to have the same problem,

Looking for wheels that look good with nice sizes

But what I ended up doing was purchasing some

Wheels from IMAGE WHEELS in england, And I have

Been happy ever since that moment that I received

My wheels,the wait time was 8 weeks but it was well worth the wait,the cost of the wheels was

$1700.00 that included everything lug nuts shipping & handling costs.im going to try And see

If I can upload some photo's of these wheels

Im restoring my 78 datsun 280z and here is A photo of the rear wheels which are 17"x 11" rear

And 17"x 8 front,actaully I may need some advice

on how to upload some photo's onto this site.

Guest Anonymous

ON3,

You need a contact in Japan. These are on auction right now and the price is less than $550 US with tires. They are 8J X 16. Shipping is around $125 for 4 rims. I have a contact but I'm sure he is getting ready to bomb some Iraqi's because I have not heard from him in over a month. If you do your homework you can have something unique that nobody else has ;) or a least its not on every other z car.

s30zsatotatsu-img600x450-1044503871dsc00084.jpg

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww droooollllllllll those are so nice.... ya i need a contact bad smile.gif .

but what do ya mean if i do my homework i can have something different then anybody else????

mike

Guest Anonymous

I'm just saying that there are alot of sweet wheels in Japan and if you could find somebody there to hook you up, you would have so many choices you wouldn't know what to choose. Check these out:

fcac7808.jpg

fcac780e.jpg

fcac780c.jpg

Very cool IMO! All are 114.3. This is just what I found in the last 10 minutes :cool: I check Japan auctions every week. You could get a set of watanabe's (16's used) for under $800 to your door, IF you knew someone in Japan. I could have had some, but I wanted the WORKS when I saw them.

Tom