HybridZ

Any differences in CLSDs

alexideways

If I just overlooked this when I SEARCHED, please just point me toward the right tread.

:?:If indeed it's not mentioned anywhere, does the short nose, R200 CLSD from the R32 GTR have a different spline count as the one from the >04/87 Z31???

:?:I've read somewhere else that the short nose CLSD came in both 5 & 6 bolt flanges, is this true???

I was under the assumption that the GTR's CLSD had the 6 bolts and the GTS-T's VLSD had the 5 bolts, am I wrong here???

:?:Do the 5 & 6 bolts have different spline count???

:?:Last, but not least, If they indeed have different spline count, will the clutches that I bought from Savage42 fit the R32 CLSD???

Thanks

Alex.

If I just overlooked this when I SEARCHED, please just point me toward the right tread.

:?:If indeed it's not mentioned anywhere, does the short nose, R200 CLSD from the R32 GTR have a different spline count as the one from the >04/87 Z31???

Thanks

Alex.

I can answer this one;

The r32 gt-r complete rear sub frame drop I have has the short nose r200 clsd with 6 evenly spaced bolts on the diff input stubs, and the spline count is larger than a regular long nose r200 z31 clsd.

Thats all I can address toward your questions, sorry...

:burnout:Well, don't be sorry, it's a very good step ahead for me, thank you very much.

:?:So, is the R32 diff. that you have, basicaly a CLUTCH type version of the Q45 VLSD???

I guess its close to the Q45. Here are the pics I took of mine:

Click-em

89 R32 GT-R CLSD

dcp0130ol1.th.jpg

dcp0134hl5.th.jpg

dcp0135ua0.th.jpg

Q45

q45tf1.th.jpg

q45fj2.th.jpg