HybridZ

Joining Zeddom

Six_Shooter

It's official. After traveling over 2500 miles in less than 24 hours (mostly by plane), I have finalized the car I will be getting. :D

1973 240Z.

It needs some TLC, but is complete.

It looks to have aftermarket carbs on it, is very complete with only a very little bit of rust. A little bit on the driver dogleg, where it looks to have been hit with something, a small hole in the driver side of the front valence, and a less than 2" diameter hole in the passenger floor. There is also a bit of rust on the 1/4s, where the vinyl top trim attached.

The carbs need a bit of work, or the choke does anyway, it's a bit hard to get running but does idle very nice when it warms up a bit.

I'm very excited about this car and can't wait for it to be shipped home, which will hopefully be in the next couple of weeks, depending on how quick the trucking company gets to it.

I don't have any of my pics ready to post yet, but will do so, once I get home (I'm still 2000 miles away at my uncles). I'll post a few pics that the seller posted:

240Z_32.jpg

(There is a blue fender from the seller's parts car on it now)

240Z_1.jpg

240Z_engine1.jpg

I have some video of it running from my visit to it yesterday. I'll have to wait until I get home to post it though.

The trip from Calgary to Richland only took about 10 hours on Saturday, then drove a few hours back to Spokane through some very bad weather, the rolled over sanding truck just as we were leaving Richland should have been an indication. :lol:

The trip between Spokane and Calgary (About 400 miles) took just about 12 and a half hours, due to poor weather and slow traffic. At times visibilty was less than 100 feet. according to Google, should have been about 8 hours.

Just wanted to share my excitment of finally seeing my 240Z, and getting to meet Mike (the seller), who I would do business with again, the car was just as he described.

:cool:

Like I said in the first post, not much at all, for rust. The rust on the top of the 1/4s is just surface and is still very solid, the rust on the dogleg is also surface rust, but I will be replacing that anyway, due to being dented, and the two rust holes are both very small, one is in teh valence which I will probably just repair, as opposed to finding a new one, and a small hole in the passenger floor. :D

Congrats man! When it arrives drive it to Cambridge and show it off!

I will, I have a bit of work to do on it, to get it road worthy, but I will be driving it this year, pretty much in the form it sits now. I'll probably wait until late spring or early summer to convert the tranny to stick (I'm getting a 5-speed with the car), as it's currently automatic, which it goes right into gear, both D and R. so it works very well as it is, but I just gotta row my own. ;)

I hope to be driving it by about March or or so, or when ever the salt is gone. ;)

I'll get a hold of you closer to when the car is ready. :)

I can't wait to get it.

Post a few when it arrives.

Hey..... are you a member of OZC? Brantford NISSAN will provide a 20% discount to members. Ask for Rick....he can get you many many parts, including aftermarket. He is a Z owner as well!

Good luck!

Post a few when it arrives.

Hey..... are you a member of OZC? Brantford NISSAN will provide a 20% discount to members. Ask for Rick....he can get you many many parts, including aftermarket. He is a Z owner as well!

Good luck!

I have a few pics in my gallery, of the car that I took last weekend. I'll be posting a lot of pics when it gets here. I can't wait for that.

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=843

I also have pictures of my Jimmy, and the T-bucket that my Grandfather and I are putting back together, originally built by my Uncle and grandfather 30 years ago, in thier specific galleries.

OZC? Ontario Z Club? No, not a member of anything at the moment. Sounds like it might be worth the membership though. I will need a few Z specific parts, like seals and such.

Thanks for the tip.

The western chapter has a monthly meeting ...one month in Cambridge the other in London. They are casual get togethers....talk about Zs, plan events, have dinner....... Build friendships. This month we go karting! I have been a member for 15 years....well worth it. You should consider.

www.ontariozcar.com

Looks interesting.