HybridZ

300zx turbo problems

Guest cheyb

im looking at buying this 300zx turbo i talked to the guy said it has 20k on rebuilt engine he has reciepts but he says the battery is draining on him he said the light on the ac stay on constantly he also says that it dies on him some time when driving and at iddle it cranks and runs any ideas on maybe what it would be he also said the ecu is throwing a tps code but he has replaced the tps and the ecu any help would be greatly app.

• 2 weeks later...

Might be as simple as crappy battery cables. The original battery cables were junk. They had a strap type connector which broke when people (meatheads at the local les schwab) overtightened them. Then it looked like you had a connection but a bump would jar it loose. So the next thing they did was to put one of those clamp on onesizefitall type which corrode under the clamp and down the insulation. First off I would get some good new cables (most good battery shops fab cables). Get the battery tested while you are there. I recommend Interstate. Only had one go bad in 25 years of using them and they replaced that no charge under warranty. If that doesn't solve the problem then you got some trouble shooting to do. Pull ground strap. I'm assuming you have a VOM if not get one from Harbor Freight they got a pretty good one for under $20. Get some alligator clip jumpers from Radio shack the heavy duty ones. Put the VOM in series with battery and ground strap on the 10 amp scale. See if there is a drain. Start pulling fuses until the drain goes away. Don't be fooled by the interior lights. Pull that fuse before you start. Security system on these babies will drain the battery for sure. If the ac light (air conditiion????) is on pull the wire to the clutch on the a/c compressor. then you got some work finding the ground or short whatever it is. On a VW bus I found some wires from an add on a/c system that got fried in a fire drained the battery. I bought the bus for $50 and ran it for 5 years as a work van. Toyota had fried wires under the dash in the a/c system cause the clutch went out. My 85 zxt had the bad cable issue and security system going off at odd times. Luck.