HybridZ

My new front spoiler

deja

When I bought my front fiberglass bumper over a year ago I also got a front spoiler from Show Cars. Again I don't know what these people are doing but this spoiler does not come close to fitting a 280Z. So I added some glass to the sections that wrap around the sides and notched the top so it fits over the bottom of the grill opening. Not the traditional method but I think it looks good and still leaves me six inches of ground clearance. I glassed in four mounting brackets on the bottom which bolt through the valance I also added tabs to the part that wraps around the sides to bolt through the fender extension and drilled four holes in the top to secure it in the grille opening, I don't want this thing moving around in the wind at high speeds. You'll have to imagine what it will look like with the black fiberglass bumper installed. That will have to wait a while, I still have some wrok to do inside the grille opening.

front-spoiler.jpg

front-spoiler3.jpg

That spoiler looks like it is for a 240 valance. By now I would think anyone who comes to Hybrid Z knows that Showcars is a less than stellar operation.

You need to call Les Canaday @http://classicdatsun.com/. He has the correct part.

Also when mounting it you put the points out at the ends of the spoiler right at the wheel opening. You keep pulling the spoiler back towards the front tires until it is the same on both sides. This will get the whole thing down and tilted at the correct angle.

There is a raised part on the valance at the edge. Put the end of the spoiler just before the curve in the valance raises the tip away from the metal. Then it is just matter of centering it up. If you get the one with the brake ducts the duct openings make that easy too.

I use 8mm bolts with 5/16" fender washers on both sides. Then add Nyloc nuts. One bolt on each end and then four across center valance panel.

That about covers that.

Alan

That spoiler looks like it is for a 240 valance. By now I would think anyone who comes to Hybrid Z knows that Showcars is a less than stellar operation.

You need to call Les Canaday @http://classicdatsun.com/. He has the correct part.

Also when mounting it you put the points out at the ends of the spoiler right at the wheel opening. You keep pulling the spoiler back towards the front tires until it is the same on both sides. This will get the whole thing down and tilted at the correct angle.

There is a raised part on the valance at the edge. Put the end of the spoiler just before the curve in the valance raises the tip away from the metal. Then it is just matter of centering it up. If you get the one with the brake ducts the duct openings make that easy too.

I use 8mm bolts with 5/16" fender washers on both sides. Then add Nyloc nuts. One bolt on each end and then four across center valance panel.

That about covers that.

Alan

When I bought the bumper and spoiler I was new here and didn't know Showcars built crap, unfortunately I found out the hard way. I think you're right about it being a 240Z spoiler. But Showcars as totally unresponsive when I complained and it just wasn't worth the effort to pursue it further.

I know how the spoiler is suppose to fit, this one just wasn't going to work that way. If I modified it the fit and mount correctly it would be less than 4" off the ground. An airdam is in my future but in the mean time I will run this.

When I bought the bumper and spoiler I was new here and didn't know Showcars built crap, unfortunately I found out the hard way. I think you're right about it being a 240Z spoiler. But Showcars as totally unresponsive when I complained and it just wasn't worth the effort to pursue it further.

Don't worry about that now. You got some parts. Better than 95% of others.

I know how the spoiler is suppose to fit, this one just wasn't going to work that way. If I modified it the fit and mount correctly it would be less than 4" off the ground. An airdam is in my future but in the mean time I will run this.

Now that I look at the front head on shot it may be the correct one. When it is munted right it will be about 4" off the ground. That is the cool part. Also why I keep a couple of spares:) When I bought my first one of those they were $35.00.

A.