HybridZ

Mounting to a rotisserie questions

AgentZ

Hey There,

Just a couple of quick Qs for the you guys.

I am stripping back my 280zx ad I am thinking seriously about a rotisserie to do the whole job properly. If I do this, what is the best way to mount it to the rotisserie? I ask cause it is a T-top car and I am not sure about body flex it i use just the bumper mounts.

I could just see gettin it up there and then suddenly have it sag in the middle!

What are your thoughts?

I've seen people mount them to the bumper mounting points in the front and rear. Seemed to work fine. Keep all the cross members in place if you are welding in new sheet metal or structural reinforcement (diff, tranny, under engine cross members). Keeping these bolted in place will keep it somewhat rigid. I remember it being difficult to get the tranny cross member installed after putting new floors in.

I Know That This Is For Mounting Directions, But Can Anyone Give Me Any Info On Where I Could Get A Good Rotisserie? Thanks

Search. Most of us made our own, I used 3 cheap engine stands and some square tubing to build mine. Also take your caps lock off. When you type in all caps it capitalizes the first letter of every word.