HybridZ

Slave cylinders... (T56)

BLKMGK

Okay, I'm going to be running a T56, like many others here. I've read the JTR instructions for th eslave cylinder and am a little uncomfortable about threading into plastic and expecting it to take hydraulic pressure (ahem). Having been stranded with a dead slave cylinder in the car with the stock drivetrain I'd like to avoid that in the future with the V8.

Somewhere here I thought I'd seen where someone had compared the T5 slave with the T56 and ofund them to be the same physical size - bore, stroke, mounting. Is this so? My understanding was that the T5 slave differed in one important way - it's got a threaded fitting! Is this correct? Has anyone tried it?

If no one is sure but can maybe tell me a target year to look at I'll snag a T5 slave to check out and document. Given a choice I'd really prefer to use a metal threaded connection. I've already got the MasterSlave from the F-body that donated it's trans to me :-)

Thanks!

Jim, I can send you pics of mine and how I did it with the Tilton 7/8 unit or you can see it Saturday when I drive up to the Tubby's Cruise Zcar meet.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

I'll be looking forward to seeing it Mike :-)

I did do a bit of research on the T5 slave. This one is mentioned in the JTR TPI swap guide. It's NOT got the threaded fitting as I thought. It DOES have a bleeder screw on it but you've got plastic to thread all over again - ick.

I noticed that Pegasus has slave cylinders in their catalog, I may measure the T56 to see if one of those might bolt up. If it's working for others perhaps I'm simply being too paranoid and should go with what's worked for others. I'm so damned excited to be moving forward I'm probably trying to re-engineer something that ain't broke...

Guest Locutus

There was a post sometime back on using a Ford F-150 Master Slave and hose, since it used the same connection as the T56 slave cylinder and it was an almost direct replacement for the Datsun master cylinder. You might go look that up in the archives

Mike