HybridZ

Painting the Purple People Eater/Cleaning up my DD

SilentNight1647

The time has come to paint my car, not only are the rock chips really annoying but the two small rust bubbles on the hood have finally come through, not to mention I'm tired of driving a blue car during the day and a purple one at night. So I need ideas, I'm thinking white with black racing stripes or maybe a scallop or maybe yellow with a black stripe down the side like Rally Novas had with 280ZX written in it. I also want to get rid of the spoiler and the rubber trim on the door, I wouldn't mind having a spoiler on the car I just don't like the 3-piece one thats on it. Also I have a set of the early smooth tailights I may use as the drivers side ribbed one is craked on the top. And lastly I need to repaint all the chrome trim and make it stick this time. Right now I'm just in the planning stages but I could really use some input, I really want the car to look nice when I'm done. While I'm at it I may swap the interior out and put in the rollbar, I have a very nice set out of a parts car minus seats which isn't a big deal, I've got a set of Jeg's buckets for it. I would like to put the rollbar in but since the car is my DD when I'm home I don't know how practical it would be, does anyone have a picture or any experience with just a hoop, rear stringers, and door bars in a ZX? I am very curious as to how practical it would be or if it is even feasible in a DD. Anyway here are some pictures of the car as it sits now, I would greatly appreciate any input this car is near an dear to me and I would really like it to be something special when it's done.

Zfront.jpg

280ZXBack.jpg

PICT0008-1.gif

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0010.gif

PICT0012.gif

Nice clean car. I like your body kit, spoiler included. Darker blue w/ two 8"white racing stripes.

ack no racing stripes for the love of god......

your car is beautiful, and seeing as it has a nice simple kit to it, i say stay with a one color paint job. yellow would be cool, mostly because Zs look awesome in yellow no matter what year, but what is this scallop color you speak of?