HybridZ

Narrowed down to 3

Not sure if this thread is in the right spot but I have narrowed my intercooler choices down to 3. From what Ive read the NPR is a good choice but I cannot find one. After researching the ebay intercoolers up here Ive come to the conclusion that they are not bad at all. So i have rounded it off to three different styles, but I need your opinion on them all.

Engine: L28ET, turbo of choice Holset HY or HX series, Hp goal 400hp+

First off:Same Side intercooler Treadstone, Spearco knock off

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick-Grand-National-Nissan-Supra-600-HP-Intercooler_W0QQitemZ140208552084QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140208552084

I like the design but I am split between whether or not the same side design actually benefits because of the less piping. And its smaller than the rest :-|

only 20x11x3 with 2.5 in inlets/outlets.

Secondly: Same side IC different set up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/27x11x3-One-Side-FMIC-INTERCOOLER-Mustang-Fox-Body-280Z_W0QQitemZ190192752886QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190192752886&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I know nothing about this one but looks good.

Last but not least old reliable:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMIC-INTERCOOLER-24X12X4-BAR-PLATE-CIVIC-B20-EP3-DC5_W0QQitemZ170096386180QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170096386180&_trksid=p3756.m20.l1116

Proven to be good. Cons tight fit requires cutting. And has long piping. Looks very nice tho.

Out of those three, I would use the first one posted. The tubes are shorter, which helps reduce restriction and is said to be most effciant design.

The second one is the worst design, because the tubes are long times 2. The flow goes through the core length twice, for an effective core size of 42" x 5.5" x 3", with the 42" being in the worst possible way for good flow.

I would not be surprised that an IC that was 21" x 5.5" x 3" would cool the charge just as effective with less pressure loss.

The 3rd one is not bad, and other than the inlet/outlet being on the side, would probably fit best. Just a thought, using the 3rd one with the inlet/oute being placed low on the chassis, so at the bottom, make that easier to mount? The IC piping could then be run under the headlight buckets.

*edit* Looking at THIS picture looks like you may not need to place the in/outlet at the bottom, since there would be around 9" of space on either side of the IC. I'm not sure how much space is taken up by the hood hinges though.