HybridZ

Question for T56 owners...

Mikelly

Those of you driving your T56 equiped Zs...

I'm having way to much fun with this thing since I got the carb and fuel woes fixed, but have you guys noticed how easy it is to grab fourth gear??? I'm running the 3.7 LSD rear and 265-50-15 BRAND NEW GY Gatorbacks and I can bark fourth gear at around 3000-3500 rpms all day long.... I never would have expected this so easily...

Comments from others?? Also what about highway driving. My car won't pull in 6th gear below 1750 RPMs....

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

[This message has been edited by Mikelly (edited August 03, 2000).]

Guest Anonymous

Mike,

My T56 is sitting on the garage floor. Hope to have it in the car and running in a few weeks, then I can comment on this, if I stop driving it long enough to go on line. I'm sure I'll be begging for some info from you soon. Mark

Hi Mike.

I wish I had your fire breathing ZR-1 eating for breakfast 383 motor with 292 duration at .550 lift, at sea level no less. Then I too could relate to how easy it is to get 4th gear chirp. Sigh.

Well, Danno and I took Hi-Po Silver down to the dragstrip last night and had a good time tearing down the track and getting THIRD gear scratch, not to mention 1st gear smoke. This was at estimated 5300 ft with the ZZ4 350, t-56 and 3.7 open diff. Ran a 13.95 at 98 and a 13.99 at 99.5, pretty respectable for a street car at this altitude. By the way, anyone know how to correct drag times to sea level?

Concerning highway driving, when I had my vacuum secondary 600 CFM holley it would pull at 1500 just fine. I would never nail the throttle while lugged down so low though. Now that I have a 650 double pumper, it's not too happy to be below 1750 rpms or so. But I have a lot of tuning to do yet to get that double pumper dialed in. Possibly some carb adjustments will help your

situation. Your cam specs seem pretty radical (gatorback shredding)which

could affect your low rpm driveability as well.

My advice: drive faster! ha ha.

Rob

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited August 03, 2000).]