HybridZ

Experience with MSA Floors and Frame rails?

T-Bone028

Hi Guys, first time poster, 3-year lurker. I've tried searching the forums but havent had that great of luck with the detail I'm looking for.

I had a question about the floors from MSA which I understand is produced by Zedd Findings. How far does the included frame rail portion beneath the floor pans, extend past the firewall, if at all? Also with the BadDog Rails, were does it attach to? If I were to order the Bad Dog rails, would I still need the included Frame Rails with the Floor Pan replacement kit from MSA/Zedd Findings? I'm trying to get some ideas before I start ordering stuff. Any pics that you guys may have that identifies what is what would be a great help.

I just bought my first Z (8/1974 260Z) last week and should have done a better job in inspecting the rust areas...the passenger side floor is in pretty bad shape. The frame rail portion beneath the passenger floor, behind the seat was held in place with double sided sticky tape to help get it sold. I didnt realize it until I had it up on jack stands and removed the seat. BTW, the plan is to eventually get a Chevy 350 in this money pit.

Thanks in advance.

First of all welcome!

The floor panels from MSA come with the rails which both are stock replacemnt parts. I believe the Bad Dog rails go right over the stock existing floor rail which then connect to the rear subframe.

Check out the sticky about the Bad Dog rails which was posted by Jon M.

It's in the brakes, wheels suspension, chassis forum.