HybridZ

Hydraulic Cylinder bleeding

Tonight I installed my new GM Hydraulic Cylinder. I'm wondering what's the best way to bleed it? Should I try and bleed it before I put the trans back together or wait until the trans is put back together? Also, the manual says to put a plastic/rubber line on the bleeder screw to bleed it, do I put the line INSIDE the small hole???

Picture is for reference.

Hydraulic_Cylinder_1_.jpg

Bleeding is a real challenge. Once it was in the car (1978 280Z), I had to lay on my back and approach the bleeder from the front. Manuever a deep socket into the hole and on to the fitting. Then attach a small ratched (requires a double jointed wrist). Then you can open the bleeder. It will run thru the socket and down the outside of the bell housing. It was a real joy to do, good luck. Another way is to drill a 2" hole in the tunnel with a flat blade bit and approach it from inside the car. If I ever have to bleed it again, I will do the hole routine.

I just went through this bleeding process tonight. I cracked open the bleeder with an 11mm socket and short handle ratchet from the top. Then I hooked up a vacuum bleeder nipple down in there and pressed it up against the top of the bleeder hole, Filled the resevoir as it went down. Easy as that. For some reason my clutch fluid got VERY dark, VERY fast.