HybridZ

FYI on http://cheapturbo.stores.yahoo.net

JSM

You can never be to certain in today's world with all the fakes out there so I sent an email to Tial. This is their response:

From: "Jake Niergarth" <a href="mailto:Jake@Tialsport.com" title='E-mail Link' class='bbc_email'Jake@Tialsport.com/a>

To: "'Jeff M'"

Subject: RE: ~~~Real or Fake Wastegates????~~~

Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:09:38 -0500

Real as they get!

Jake

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:36 AM

To: tech@tialsport.com

Subject: ~~~Real or Fake Wastegates????~~~

Can you tell me if these wastegates are "real" or not?

Thanks,

Jeff

http://cheapturbo.stores.yahoo.net/tialwastegates1.html

Edited by JSM

It had better not be fake!

I ordered a T3/T04E from Ken in early December. It has been at his powdercoaters since last year. I've called so many times on it, and it is always scheduled to ship out at the end of next week! Last Friday I called and he says it will ship out this Tuesday.

I'm not trying to say anything negative, in fact the guy is very knowledgeable really nice on the phone. I ordered a custom setup, which was a ceramic coated Ford 5-bolt turbine housing. I've been told the great powdercoater vendor is what is taking so long.

In all due respect, he told me to get ready for a wait...I didn't think would be nearly three months though. My advice is that if you're running into time constraints, skip powdercoating and get that done locally.

It has been mentioned before that as a rule of thumb, if your machinist or engine builder quotes and estimated time, you should double it (to be safe)!

I'm sure I'll be happy with the unit, I just wanted to give a "heads-up" as well for other HBZ members...

Maybe I'm confusing everyone here. CheapTurbos = Ken = PHX turbos. Same company / owner.

JSM, I didn't take it that you were knocking him. In fact you confirmed that he sells genuine products. :D

Aux, I think the guy from Tial would know for sure if CheapTurbos was not an authentic Tial reseller. (at first I though you were saying that I emailed him with my posting reply! :wink:)

It's all good. I really like the CheapTurbo prices, quality and Knowledge of their products.

I needed to follow up on this post....just want to say that I got my delivery from Peak Turbos today!!

http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=861381&postcount=19

AWESOME QUALITY!! I highly recommend Ken's work / products.

Cheers, -hughdogz

I shouldn't have replied so soon.

All I'm gonna say is that I didn't have the greatest experience with the custom work done.

I think I'd be doing a dis-service to my fellow HBZ members if I said otherwise or kept my mouth shut.

You can PM me if you have questions.

Sorry for the confusion, -hughdogz