HybridZ

"New" Z in the garage...

Jersey

Thanks guys/chicks ;) I wish i could too Kim!!! lol. Cleaned it up a little more last night, pulled the plugs, dropped some oil in the cylinders, cranked it a few times around by hand. All good so far. I think tonight i'll disconnect the fuel pump, take off air cleaner, pop a battery in it and crank it around a few times off the key. Baby steps. She's been sitting for 14 years and dont want to do any damage. Hoping by the weekend i can get tank cleaned out, new fuel through the system and fire her up. Then the fun begins! Complete drivetrain coming out to really get everything back near 1977 :) Can't wait!

Well as soon as you do that, bring her down to Dallas so I can give her a few test drives... HAHA!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Phil. Glad to see that i wont need to pull the motor outside the garage. Even though they say "lightweight" on their site, they're really not that light at all. 2 guys ok, but i mostly work alone. I'll need to take a closer look at those approach ramps when laying it flat. Without those, the front of the ramps would lift. Looks like they just support under the front edges. Buddy of mine went with a hydrolic lift and gave me the kwiklift system. Couldn't beat the price ;)

Believe me, i just got lucky finding this '77 for that price. I bought my '73 over 6 years ago, paid just about the same price and it wasn't (still isn't) near the condition of this one.