HybridZ

I think i have master clutch cylinder problem.

wickiewicked240z

Ok here is the deal i have L24 with a 83zx 5speed tranny. i just installed the a new 83zx clutch. Here is the problem when i have the car on and stop I try to shift into reverse and gear grind and it gets hard to shift I have clutch pedal press. Problem 2 when i have it in 1 or 2 gear just crusing no accelaration or with clutch not press It feels like the throwout bearing is grinding . I removed the clutch master cylinder and removed the rubber dust cap and saw just a little bit of oil could this be the problem, I have just replaced the slaver cylinder with a 83zx one using the stock 240z clutch master cylinder that came with the car.

Hmmm... I had to read that post four times to get my hands around it (proper punctuation and gammar will make it a LOT easier on the eyes).

Brake fluid behind the cap is an indication of the seals leaking, and is usually characterized by a pedal that slowly sinks to the floor if slight pressure is applied.

Since the clutch appears to function well in some of the gears, it appears the disc was installed correctly. So I'm led to believe you may have two issues. One with the MC (bad seals), and the other with the throwout bearing (was replaced with the clutch?), throwout bearing adjustment (sounds like it may lack any clearance at rest, and if so, I'm not sure what would cause that), or transmission.

Curious if some (or all) of these symptoms existed prior to the clutch replacement.