HybridZ

LS1 not running, starting problem... please help.

OK I see your problem now. You need to put the schrader valve back on the rail and connect the return line to the one at the FPR. I will guarantee you this will work. Also install your fuel pressure gauge at the fuel rail instead at the FPR. With this type of set up you can still get fuel pressure drop at the fuel rail. So remove your return line at the schrader valve and install your fuel pressure gauge there. Then move this return line to the one at the FPR. Do a search for fuel system and you should find some nice pictures on here. The problem with what you have is you have 58 PSI from the FPR to the fuel pump. But after the FPR it will drop very fast because it returns quickly thru the line that you connected at the front of the rail. GL.

V.

oh man! I can't believe I had it set up wrong. I could have sworn I thought the regulator and gauge went before the fuel rail. Wow, I totally had this one wrong. I really hope this fixes the problem... thanks man. here is the picture i looked at to realize what you were talking about. Should I really put the schrader valve back on or is that just to keep the fuel from leaking out if you disconnect the line?

NAfuelsystem_thumb.jpg

I am glad you were able to find the diagram. I believe the schrader valve is there for the tech to use to trouble shoot the fuel system. This is where they would hook up the fuel pressure gauge to check the fuel pressure. I knew your problem was fuel related. GL

V.

You fuel pressure regulator should be after the fuel rail gets it's fuel. It should go.... fuel tank, fuel pump, hard lines from tank, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, return line from fuel pressure regulator to tank.

If your feeding fuel pressure from after the regulator your probably not feeding enough fuel to the rails.

Guy

I sure hope this is my main problem. I will have spent a lot of money for nothing fixing other things, but I don't care at this point. I just want this thing on the road.

Thanks for the input guys, I will let you know what the results are when I switch it around.

John

I don't have words to describe how I'm feeling right now. I just started up the LS1 for the first time... VinhZXT, you are a genius. I just came home to work on the z and switch the regulator around to after the fuel rail. Started it up, and... it worked!

Thanks for all the help and response guys, I really appreciate it. I should have posted my problem a long time ago, but I'm just glad to have it working now.

Thanks everyone.

John

• 4 months later...

ragefear, Thanks.

The suspension is actually pieced together with different components. Camber plates are ground control, koni shocks, eibach springs, and stock car coilover collars and nuts (brians car garage setup). The welding on the inner panels is from the work on the cage. Thicker metal used around the strut towers for reinforcement. I could have made it look pretty, but while building the entire car I lost a little interest in appearance and figured since it is a race car, I didn't really care about smoothing out all the welds. I was thinking with this setup, there was a pretty good chance of crashing it pretty hard, so I would be quite depressed if I made it show quality and crashed it on the track. Your not the first to ask that though, good eyes.