HybridZ

LSD question

Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Morgan:

The pinion flange on the diff.... is it the same as is found on the LSD out of a Z31? Or is it necessary to swap flanges?

Will a r180 input flange fit onto a r200 pinion?

280Z/ZX R200 flange is not the same as the Z31 LSD flange, but they can be interchanged on the diff's 'bolt-on' to match the driveshaft flange you need...no ideer on R180 but I'd have to guess no first and 'why' 2nd as I've seen R200 flanges snapped before (due to misuse but still....)

Am going through this now. The R200 LSD I had was out of an 87_ 300ZX Turbo - flange no workie. R180 flange won't fit either I'm told. You need an R200 flange from a 280 car. I've got one but not bolted it on yet but it does matchup with the driveshaft flange I've got for the V8 swap so I'm guessing I've got the right parts :-)

Hope that helps!

Morgan,

The R180 flange WILL NOT fit onto the splines of the R200 LSD. I tried it today since my car was originally a automatic 280Z which came with the R180 stuff (flanges, u joints, etc). I decided to use the LSD flange and modify my driveshaft to accept it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Morgan: My 280 has a stock 280zx na driveshaft in it...pushing well over 400hp...dunno if it's any stronger or weaker than the 280z driveshaft though. If your car already has the 3.90 then the LSD should go right in, right? Mine also has 3.90, had LSD at one time.

JT

------------------

1978 280z with 280zx turbo motor. Big turbo, big intercooler, and alotta boost. :)

1984 300zx turbo....little turbo, no intercooler, and some boost....13.96 @ 98.9

http://turbotaylor.homestead.com/files/index.html