HybridZ

DOH!! blew out the solid u-joints.

MYRON

I just put in a set of axles with solid u-joints and I already have a bad one. I am just glad this one didnt grenade like the last one! I will be consulting the local race car chassis shop and getting a solid

axle put in asap!!

Myron

Myron, sounds like you have already made the decision to switch. However, I would say there is something else wrong like a misalignment or improper angles.

I know those axles are not the strongest thing going, but your motor is not putting out anymore torque than a huffing GN. I am close to 400hp and Derek is close to 475hp and using slicks and we all have automatics. I am puzzled, but I guess it does not matter anymore.

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

http://www.mindspring.com/~vscott911/gnz.html

Well, I am planning on a 9" and I will leave it up to the chassis shop to decide best method for mounting it. Scottie, My transmision is a custom TH350 that shifts

extremely hard and when I am racing it I shift at around 6500 rpm. I dont know how the drive angle would change, everthing is mounted in its stock location. The only thing

that I have done is put a spring spreader

on each side and I have a chain hooped over

the diff. I decided to do this with my

77Z because the engine sits too high and

it is currently more suited for straight

line racing. I have a 78 that is going

to get more of a pro-touring type configuration. It may be the one with a GN

drivetrain!..

I may pull the axle and get the ujount replaced just so i can play with it until it goes to the chassis shop. I am hoping to

drop it off within the next 3 weeks...

Do you have a Part # for me?

Myron

BTW were those parts I emailed you any good?

If I owe you a part #, remind me for what.

Can you get the specifics for the turbo? Thats a little pricey unless it is special like a ball-bearing?

Just had a chance to unpack from the Dallas trip and had to fly into Denver this morning. Quick in/out trip so I wont have time to meet anyone.

Can you believe after 3 attempts to dial in, all I can get is a 9.6 connection. 9.6!! I thought they outlawed that connection speed biggrin.gif

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

http://www.mindspring.com/~vscott911/gnz.html