HybridZ

280z Fuel Tank year difference?

Jersey

Hey all. Which year gas tanks are the same in the 280's? I can't remember when they swapped over to the smaller spare tire and changed the tank shape. The tank in my '77 is shot. The supply hardline inside of the tank has rusted out. I'm thinking '76, '77 and '78's are all the same but i'm not 100% sure. After i know which year tanks are the same, i'll be looking for one if anyone has a tank in good condition. Thanks in advance.

- Jersey

Guest 280ZForce

i have a tank from my 78 I just pulled in good condition (I'm going fuel cell), I'm sure would be a pita to ship though. but 77-78 280z coupe/2+2 are the same. And 70-76 240z/260z/280z have same design tanks, just some are setup for carb'd and some FI of course.

let me know if interested anyhow.

Thanks for the clarification and quick response 280ZForce. Think i'll i'll post an ad in the "wanted" section to see if someone has one more local to NJ. If nothing comes up in the next couple of days, I would be interested in your tank provided you'd be willing to ship, tank condition and... oh yeah, price ;) Again, thanks!

Guest 280ZForce

I'll get some pics posted up in like 15-30 min. tank has no rust, no dents or anything. it has worked flawlessly for me through all my boosted expeditions. how's $40 plus shipping?

Guest 280ZForce

sorry for the delay, here's the pics. it's a lil dirty, but I'm sure it'll clean up well. the chrome piece you see on one side of it is a heat shield that's like a sticker, I had 1 of my mufflers that ran pretty close to it, so I got that to help, unfortunately the car hasn't been back on the road w/ the new exhaust or anything though cuz I'm still doing other things to it.

th_IMG_0552.jpg th_IMG_0553.jpg th_IMG_0554.jpg th_IMG_0556.jpg