HybridZ

R32 RB26 owners...Crank Collar?

mattyice

I'm guessing that the R32 RB26 owners are mostly using Nismo N1 oil pumps with a crank collar welded on? I just want to make sure that is the way most or if any are doing it that way? I know that just putting a nismo oil pump on it wont be enough for time attack, auto-x, and drag races

Do it in order of priotity.

1st- Crank collar

2nd- Oil pump

3rd- head drain mod or restrictor

Unless you are going all out on this a stock Nissan pump will work wonderfully. Its just depending on how far you are goiong to take it. But if nothing else do the crank collar.

matty, the R32 crank collar mod is not a measurement of "not enough" or "too much", it's a matter of rectifying a serious design/machining flaw in the way nissan made the driving mechanism for the pump, which creates seriously catastrophic vibration.

even if you choose not to do the N1 pump, at least do the crank collar.

matty, the R32 crank collar mod is not a measurement of "not enough" or "too much", it's a matter of rectifying a serious design/machining flaw in the way nissan made the driving mechanism for the pump, which creates seriously catastrophic vibration.

even if you choose not to do the N1 pump, at least do the crank collar.

Well put. Even though it meant taking the bottom end apart, I decided that this was a serious problem that I needed to fix before dropping the motor in.