HybridZ

transmission woes

J Taylor

Yep, looks like it too me a whole 6 weeks or so to tear this transmission up. It was broken when I bought the car but the seller had it fixed while the motor and all was out. It didn't break tonight while out racing or anything but instead on the way home on ther interstate. I was cruising along about 90mph when I heard something pop and I felt a knocking through the shifter.....transmission all of a sudden didn't like 5th gear to much either. I drove it the rest of the way home in 4th. When starting off in 1st or something it occasionaly kinda froze up and the whole car stopped until I messed with the shifter a bit. SOunds to me like I lost part of 5th gear but I'm no expert on transmissions either. What do you think? ANyone got a 280zx na tranny they want to get rid of cheap? smile.gif

JT

------------------

1978 280z with 280zx turbo motor. Big turbo, big intercooler, and alotta boost. :)

1984 300zx turbo....little turbo, no intercooler, and some boost....13.96 @ 98.9

http://turbotaylor.homestead.com/files/index.html

I do! But its a hell of a long trip. Not worth shipping it IMHO.

You should take the time to find yourself a BW T-5 out of an 83 turbo... They are supposed to be stronger than the nissan trannies. You could likely also find a shop anywhere that will be able to do mods on it to handle more power.

------------------

"Gimme Fuel,

Gimme Fire,

Gimme that which I desire"

-Metallica

Drax240z

1972 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.xoom.com/r_lewis/datsun.html