HybridZ

no power to ign. switch or fuel pump

Yes, I have power to the lights and horn relay because I can hear the horn relay click and the lights work. I dont have power to ign but I can arc the starter and it will crank but nothing else this week im going to see if it is geing power to the ecu, I think it has a bad ground thats not completed the ecu loop. The guy i got it from seems to think he fryed the wires going to the fuel pump so i have to find the fuel pump relay and the ign. relay and check voltage there. so far a test light with a long leed from battery works the best to check for ground.

1rad280: your 75 280z has stock fuel injection no? If so, the fuel pump does not get power with the ignition in the on position unless the flapper in the AFM (air flow meter) is open. This is by design, in case the engine stalls in an accident, to prevent a fire hazard. The fuel pump should get power with the ignition key in the start position. Turn the key to the on position with the engine not running. pop the boot between the air filter and the AFM off and stick your finger in there and move the flapper slightly. You should hear the fuel pump run. If the ignition is not getting juice could be a bad ignition switch. Check your fuseable links as well. Best way to check ignition for juice is one of those spark plug thingies that clip on a ground. pulling a plug, plugging the wire back on it and ground then crack works to. To check fuel injection get a noid light, they are cheap.

1rad280: read the other threads in this troubleshooting forum. Check out the one titled 'fuel pump still won't turn on'. Cozy Z Cole posted a link to the electrical schematics for a 75 280 from the autozone site and woldson posted the link for the EFI bible. Get the EFI bible, it is the factory manual for your fuel injection system. Print it out, read it, read it again, memorize every word until you know it.

Here is the link

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/efisystem/280zfuelinjectionbook.pdf

do it!

ok if i put my test light on neg side of battery and touch the two small blue and red wires on ign swithmy light comes on ,also if i cross the bottom fuse on the right side with the one above it i get power to the starter so im guessing bad ign. swith so far.