HybridZ

FIDLE relay as fan control?

highly

I have a L28et that I'm installing an MS1V3 with EDIS. I've modded my MS for PWM Fidle and relay fan control. I was pondering swapping the wires in my MS-to-relay-board cable to put the fan output on the relay board's FIDLE relay effectively making it a fan relay. Besides the silkscreen on the board being wrong is there anything there that will turn around and bite me in my "third point of contact"? It puts my PWM FIDLE on a spare output without a relay socket and gives me a fan relay and is completely reversible at the harness (no soldering). I can post a rewired pic if needed, but this seems perfectly straightforward to me.

Thoughts?

I've used the FIDLE Relay for fan control - I beefed up the relay contact circuit traces on the relay board with 12-guage wire, and of course cut and jumpered the circuit board to apply the correct signal fron the ecu to the relay coil. It's a good idea to use an inline fuse for the fan. Makes for a nice clean install.

I've used the FIDLE Relay for fan control - I beefed up the relay contact circuit traces on the relay board with 12-guage wire, and of course cut and jumpered the circuit board to apply the correct signal fron the ecu to the relay coil. It's a good idea to use an inline fuse for the fan. Makes for a nice clean install.

Yeah thats how rick did my fan control and she seems to be working awesome! :2thumbs: