HybridZ

holset hx30 hx35 question

jeffer949

I just got a used holset hx30w in the mail that i got off of ebay. they said it didnt have any play... but of course it does and in my opinion needs to be rebuilt. now my question is does the hx30w have the same center section as the hx35w? because i cant find a rebuild kit for the hx30w but i can for the hx35w. so im wondering if i order the hx35w kit if it will work. thanks guys..

I just got a used holset hx30w in the mail that i got off of ebay. they said it didnt have any play... but of course it does and in my opinion needs to be rebuilt. now my question is does the hx30w have the same center section as the hx35w? because i cant find a rebuild kit for the hx30w but i can for the hx35w. so im wondering if i order the hx35w kit if it will work. thanks guys..

Is the play in and out play? or up and down play? there will be a slight amount of up and down.. but if there is in and out play.. it most likely will need to be rebuilt.

Got any pics of it Jeff?

its in and out. i know there is up and down down that has to be there so there is clearance for the oil in the journal bearings. but it hasnt hit the housings yet so im gonna bolt it on and see if it will make it to dni and back. it doesnt look like its been leaking oil really so i think i will be ok. im gonna throw in my t3 and my stock down pipe just in case. should be fun. lol

on another note does any one know what the stock waste gate setting was on the hx30w? cause i wanna try running the stock actuator and then adjusting it with the threaded rod