HybridZ

Cylinder heads again-sorry

oldmanZ

Just mocked-up my new L28 block: balanced everything, Nismo domed pistons, Carillo rods, Aluminum Flywheel... I have recently run out of available cash: had some set aside to race on this year. Daughter and 2 grandsons moving back in-there goes the race money!! What is the best cylinder head to put together? I have 3-e88 heads, 1-n42, and one n-47?

Is there a best combination from the above (e88 with larger valves from another?). Fuel requirement be damned!!! Since it is not a street car, I will get the Trick fuel at the track. Porting and creating flow is not a problem. How much to machine off of the head? Camshaft stand spacers available? I plan on high compression and basically no idle. Please help-the engine in the car now no longer turns MY crank. Thanks,

Darrel

:D Keep the shiney side up!

Look through the sticky posts in this forum and search. You won't find a "best", but I think what you'll find is that any of them can be built. You probably want to avoid the N47 because if you're really building it to the hilt you won't want the exhaust liners. Machining the head is up to you. Cam tower spacers are available, my local machinist had them on the shelf but I think some of the cam manufacturers have them if you can't find them locally.

Thanks for the reply's. I did some more research today-don't tell the boss. Looks like I am going with the e88, machine off 20-30 thousands (and cam tower shims) and some large valves. I can do the porting. By the way, I have used Delta cams in several chevy v8's I have built and a Toyota race motor. Anyone looking for good cams, rockers.. at a good price. These are the guys. They have stock to wild grinds -deltacam.com.

As far as the pistons-I work at a Subaru/Nissan store and they were out of the nismo book-got a good price:biggrin:

Thanks again,

Darrel

:?: It's good to be a pack rat? I found the boxes for the pistons. Nismo part number 12010-p8617. They are cast but I have seen them in abused race engines that seem to last for a long time. Try nismoparts.com

E-mail Shea-He is our parts guy I got them from.

Darrel

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered the rings today from a local parts house. He said they are sealed power rings repackaged. Chrome moly 87mm. The factory rings are available thru nismoparts.com-ask for Shea. I chose the chrome moly because I am going to abuse the poor engine!!

Darrel