HybridZ

Stuck between Z's. Opinions?

Mauisnow13

The problem with the VG30dett swap is that it is not a bolt in. I'd like to stay away from engine mount modifications for now. Maybe later when I have more money and knowledge.

The L28et swap is just so easy and cheap. It takes some time to find a good deal on a donor car, but once you do it's nice. Bolts in, strong engine, cheap. Plus I can use a 280zx wiring harness for the swap pretty easily. Which is good cause my car needs a new harness anyways.

Mauisnow13,

I think you made the right choice to stick with the S30 and agree an L28ET is a more realistic swap than a VG30DETT. The VG motor not only needs custom motor mounts but also requires notching the frame rails to clear the turbos. It's a much more complicated swap for very little extra in return, an L28ET can be built into a very strong motor.

***** WARNING THREAD JACK *****

BajaRacer,

I'm was running 225f/250r and it wasn't bad at all.

I'm swapping the front to back and vice-versa to see if I can reduce the tail happy nature of the car.

I agree with what was stated earlier, your spring rates are pretty stiff for street use.

BTW: What brand and length are the springs you're currently running?

What struts are you running and if adjustable on what setting(s)?

Wheelman

sorry for jacking your thread i hate making new onces since this topic is so opinionated. right now i have eibach 12 inch springs in front and back. i'm adujsted to 2 in the front and 1 in the back. wheelman do you think it would be to stiff if i put my 275 fronts in the back and put new 250 in the front. i live in l.a. and there are a lot of bumpy streets.