HybridZ

My 2JZ-GTE powered 240Z

Well I have been waiting to start a thread until I can get my motor finished being rebuilt. I have received all the pieces and finished building the head so the motor should be done here in a month or so.

On to the project I was given a 1973 240Z by my grandfather I had no idea what I was getting into. I got the car running and drove the car around for about a year. I had to many problems keeping the motor running so I decided it was time to step up to fuel injection. I found a guy getting rid of a wrecked turbo 280Z and took the motor from the car.

Around the time of tearing into the car to swap out the motors I decided it would be a good time to strip the car and re-paint the body and fix the rust spots. During the stripping process I found that the floors were completely rusted through on the passenger side. So we started to replace the floors. All the time I was tearing the car apart I spent hours on this site looking into building my L28 and making the car a monster on the street. Well I came across Z-Gad's car and started thinking about the possibilities. After watching his pass a few dozen times I decided the L28 was not going to be enough for me.:flamedevi

So I convinced my wife to let me buy a 2JZ-GTE and we did. I received my JDM Aristo motor and started tearing into it. Well as I said in the beginning the engine is almost complete again. I have decided to stay with the stock re-freshened bottom end with all ARP hardware. I am leaving the bottom end alone as it can handle the power to achieve my goal of 10's. The head was built with ferrea valves and retainers, ported and polished and will receive GSC Race cams.

I will be buying a built TH400 in the future as well as installing a built ford 9". I am hoping to get the car running within a year so we will see how it goes. Anyways on to how the car sits as of right now.