HybridZ

the clunkinest

fl327

hey guys have a problem here

sometimes when i want to go into reverse

like in a parking space, ill go into the reverse gear and give it some gas, and the car feels like its going over a small hill or something like that, then its ok and it goes and drives ok.

also say im driving along and come rolliing to a stop, i put it in neutral, and i hear

a small clicking noise from my differential

what does this mean, is my r200 out of comish

ion or what? im going into the suspension and tranny for christmas break, and want to know if my differential would be ok once i put new

bushings and a new mount up in there? or should i hit the boneyards now and grab me a new one, what should i do????

Guest Anonymous

Ummm, if your stopped, wouldn't the rear end be unable to make any noise? Nothings moving, driveshaft is stopped, so the click must be coming from somewhere else right? Or are you saying as you rolled to a stop and put it in neutral it was clicking?

Lone

[This message has been edited by lonehdrider (edited December 12, 2000).]

im not sure whats going on for certain

ill be in reverse right, and when i give it

gas, it will stall for a second, i hear and feel a loud ass clunk, then it goes and does its thing fine, moving in reverse

just had abad experience on the freeway as well, at about 2500 in 4th doing about 75 (3.36gears and a four speed muncie) the rear

end started vibrating so hard and loud i had to pull off and take thestreets to where i was going, what does it all mean, ??????

thanx guys

[This message has been edited by lonehdrider (edited December 12, 2000).][/b]

Have you checked:

Half shaft u-joints,

Driveshaft u-joints,

Halfshaft to companion flange bolts,

Driveshaft to pinion flange bolts,

Front mount (is it torn) and mount bolts.

Mustache bar nuts to studs from diff

Mustache bar bushings? Nuts at bushings?

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project

pparaska@home.com

Pete's V8 Datsun 240Z Pages

I'm betting front mount - shall we start a pool?

I'll bet that the rear is rotating a few degrees at least when he puts it into reverse or forward from a stoplight. Saw this on a Mustang once except that with a live rear the whole axle was moving due to torn bushings - very scary! Of all the things Pete mentioned, and I'd check them all, I'm betting that the front mount is the only one of them that could allow for that much play...