HybridZ

I am thinking of buying this engine, opinions?

Mauisnow13

I found this 280zx turbo engine for sale. I have been looking for one for my 240z for a while. I was wondering if this looks like a good deal to you guys. I am going to need a 280zx harness so would it be better to just wait and buy an entire donor car?

Here's a link:

http://boise.craigslist.org/pts/611256567.html

Any help would be appreciated. I don't know all too much about bored out turbo engines.

Thanks,

Amren

He has the P90 head for sale separately but I'm sure I can get a deal on it if I buy it both.

Here's a link to the P90 ad:

http://boise.craigslist.org/pts/611250271.html

He says the engine and head worked fine when he took them out and it was completely rebuilt when he had it bored out and the other work done.

With the block and the head I should have a running engine once installed right?

haha. I know it doesn't have much info. I was just wondering if this price seems reasonable and if the setup would be fairly strong. I'm fairly new to the L28et. I currently have an L26 in my 240z. All of my knowledge of the engines has come from a lot of searching on these forums

Is this a good thing? I want an engine that is capable of high power, but still fairly reliable. I know this one has been rebuilt but maybe I'm getting in over my head. I do need a wiring harness, the ECU, and some other parts from a 280zx turbo, so maybe I should just look for a complete donor car.

Is this a good thing? I want an engine that is capable of high power, but still fairly reliable. I know this one has been rebuilt but maybe I'm getting in over my head. I do need a wiring harness, the ECU, and some other parts from a 280zx turbo, so maybe I should just look for a complete donor car.

If you are asking these kinds of questions, you need to do a lot more research before buying anything. Search, read, search, read, repeat, repeat. That is the only way to build up the knowledge you will need to make the right decisions about your build up. These questions have been asked thousands of times....